Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Installations in Charlesland Wood

Options
  • 13-07-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Can anyone recommend a plumber/kitchen fitter for installing a dishwasher in a 2 bed townhouse in Charlesland Wood? Also has anyone had it done themselves? Is it expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

I did do it myself. But I got a plumber to put in the connection and drainage points. If you have a washing machine connection in the kitchen already, you can see where the plumber has split the water connection under the sink. That is exactly what they do for a dishwasher.That and a little nubbin (technical term) that you put the drainage hose up to. A plumber can do this for about €80 which is what we paid the builder's plumber before we moved in 3 years ago.
    When the original peice de crappisto dishwasher broke down after 2 years I bought a new one and de and re-installed it myself. The delivery guy took the old one away.

hey, if you went with Beech doors for your kitchen, and you bought an integrated dishwasher, we have some spares. You can pm, if you want one.

We went for a non integrated second time round, much better model for less money and I love my dishwasher, don't want to hide it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ok, I've been looking at this in my 2 bed C'land wood house for a while and I'm hoping someone has a genius idea for solving the space problem. I have a washing machine in the kitchen but no dishwasher but I want to add one in. The units are standard 600mm wide x 4 long. On the sink side of the Galley I have a fridge at one end and a freezer at the other. The washing machine is beside the fridge and the last remaining space is the undersink with the usual water/waste connections. The other side is the oven, drawers and minute storage to each end.

I've been toying with the idea of moving the washing machine in the underside of the stairs (in the guest WC and sunk into the cupboard space right under the winding steps for the stairs). By doing this I've freed up the washing machine space in the kitchen for the dishwasher.

Postie, how are you planning to arrange your appliances?!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

This is how(see first pic link below) I have mine arranged with the washing machine in the kitchen. Excuse the mess!

I've also took some pictures under the sink of the connections that where used. I did this myself or I mean the missus actually! Surprising isn't it!

Appliances order

Dishwasher Connection 1

Dishwasher Connection 2

Dishwasher Connection 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Keith,

I was talking with Mikedragon32 yesterday about this dishwasher location...I take it you swapped the freezer location to the opposite cupboard unit? With little.un on the way me's thinkin' I won't have time for washing up much but I have this issue of removing some of the already small amount of storage away in the Galley area!

Anyhow, has anyone got some neat comments to convince the missus this is the way forward!?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

What I am hoping to do is swap the fridge into the opposite cupboard as you can have problems swapping the freezer or so I've been told. The oven beside the freezer is apparently not the safest of set-ups. As space is already an issue, I will be forced to upgrade my fish tank which in turn means a bigger cupboard under it....or at least this is my excuse for the bigger tank :D I would probably prefer to get the whole job done by someone if anyone has any recommendations? I rang County Kitchens, the guys who did the Kitchen installs but they won't do it...jobs to small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

astrofluff wrote:
    Keith,

I was talking with Mikedragon32 yesterday about this dishwasher location...I take it you swapped the freezer location to the opposite cupboard unit? With little.un on the way me's thinkin' I won't have time for washing up much but I have this issue of removing some of the already small amount of storage away in the Galley area!

Anyhow, has anyone got some neat comments to convince the missus this is the way forward!?

Yeah the freezer is beside the oven now - no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

astrofluff wrote:
    I've been toying with the idea of moving the washing machine in the underside of the stairs (in the guest WC and sunk into the cupboard space right under the winding steps for the stairs). By doing this I've freed up the washing machine space in the kitchen for the dishwasher.

This is exactly the plan I had astro. There is likely to be a large amount of unused space under the stairs and I figure that I can simply use the tolets waste pipe. I'm going to get a plumber to confirm this but is anyone aware of any restrictions in sharing pipes in this way? Can you shoot the dishwasher waste out the sewer?
    I'm in the Court so a dishwasher will be a new addition. It's a pain not having one as standard. All you 'Woodsers' are very lucky, despite the apparant lack of quality of the units.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 massage

We had this done recently and wonder now how we managed before dishwasher! :) Was fed up with washing!!
    We are in the Court. We swaped over freezer to opposite fridge, replacing cupboard space. For that we had to drill a hole through counter top for freezer plug connection. It's discreet though. So dishwasher is beside sink where freezer was originally. We hadn't a clue how to do it but it turned out to be a simply enough job for plumber (they make it look easy!) and he charged us €60. Not bad!

The only thing I will say is it made us realise the shoddy workmanship of people that fitted kitchen when we were moving around units.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Proud to say I managed the whole job without the aid of a plumber and everything is working perfectely, no leaks! We don't know oursleves with the new machine in, frees up a lot of time. I ended up putting it in where the freezer was and the freezer moved into the press opposite the fridge which is actually kinda of handy.

Advertisement