Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland Vs Fulham

• 13-07-2007 4:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Give that Fulham manager Lawrie Sanchez has just signed David healy in addition to Aaron Hughes, Steven Davis and Chris Baird in the pre season.

Will Sunderland Vs Fulham turn into the "new" Celtic V Rangers? Discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Nah, I think it's just a case of the Northern players respecting Sanchez and the Irish players respecting Keane.... Lots of players sign for clubs because of personal or national ties to the manager, Wenger being the prime example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rafa being another prime example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Fulham will be a decent side this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DSB wrote:
    Fulham will be a decent side this season.

Yes, at least as good as Northern Ireland.

Which means I'm putting a few squid on them going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

psi wrote:

Agree with you the ps1, think they are rubbish and David Healy wont keep them afloat on his own,
    I also think the hype surrounding Sunderland wont be long disapearing next season, although the transfer season is still in full swing , Keano aint attracted in too many big names as yet,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

psi wrote:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/PlayerProfiles/1stTeamPlayers.aspx

Looks impressive enough for a tophalf finish to me. Add to that a quality manager and you might wanna keep that money in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

The biggest problem for Roy Keane is that while players might be attracted to working with him, they don't find living/working in Sunderland attractive, especially when compared to living in London or one of the other big cities and there is nothing Roy can really do about this, unless he can build a winning team and use that to attract further talent in the future. The wages etc would probably be the same wherever these players go, so wages alone aren't the deciding factor.

Advertisement