Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving email between hosts

Options
  • 13-07-2007 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have hosting with an Irish host but I use the webmail option to check my email so everything is still stored on the mail server of my hoster.

I am changing to a different account on an Irish host and want to keep the email as webmail i.e. keep all my email on the mail server of my new host.

So basically I want to download all my email via pop3 or whatever and upload it again.

Is that the best way to do it? Any other suggestions?
    Anyone know any software that can do that?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I think there was a thread about this here a couple of months ago....

If you had shell access you might be able to migrate the mailboxes from one host to the other ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Thanks [SIZE=-1]Michele.[/SIZE]

I have found the topic you are talking about.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054919909

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's not overly complicated to do, but you may want to ask your new hosting provider to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Especially if the old provider has a decent email infrastructure, with email on a different machine to your website, meaning SSH access won't get you at your email directories.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Slothy

haha, this is funny with all the hosting companies on here.

You can now use google to host your mail at your domain, they have tools to transfer the emails too.

I use www.letshost.ie they are very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement