Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza 2

• 13-07-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but anyone here play it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

It wouldnt be considered a sim by most, but this is probably the most closely matched board for it. Haven't tried it yet myself, but a few people I know (not simmers mind you) have said they enjoy it.

Played Forza1 a few times, decent enough for an arcade racer, physics engine seemed a bit more believeable than the GT series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You'll get a lot more conversation on the xbox forum, under Games->Consoles, already been a few threads.

I'd say Forza is a sim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got to disagree with you there,Forza is far from a sim,okish arcade racer but not in any way a sim.

There are no sims on consoles ,end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Dcully wrote:
    Got to disagree with you there,Forza is far from a sim,okish arcade racer but not in any way a sim.

There are no sims on consoles ,end of story.
    Ok, so what do you need to do to qualify as a sim??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Ok, so what do you need to do to qualify as a sim??
    Something that simulates real life...
    Forza just looks realistic.... it doesn't handle realistically. At all.
    Grands Prix Legends, Live For Speed, rFactor, netKar, iRacing... they are all sims.
    You couldn't make a sim for a console because nobody would buy it. It is too hard to control the car for most joe-soaps and they wouldn't buy it.
    Real racing sims have a VERY small market compared to the likes of Forza for that particular reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

dcully wrote:
    There are no sims on consoles ,end of story

Actually, now that I think of it. RBR was shipped for consoles no? Assuming they didnt noobify the physics, I would regard it as an exception to the rule.

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Thats a shocking sweeping statement, Forza is a sim no doubt about it. If you look at the live in game telemetry and see what the physics engine is doing you wouldn't be saying that. Just because its on a console (the 360 is practically a PC in a smaller box) doesn't mean its automatically an arcade game.
    I've played it, i've played real sims, i've raced in real life... it ain't no sim. Not a bad game, but not a simulation.

@SouperComputer: yes i have RBR for the xbox (and PC) and it's bloody hard. They did have to n00bify the physics a little for the xbox controller but other than that its not that bad sim wise...

Thats a shocking sweeping statement, Forza is a sim no doubt about it. If you look at the live in game telemetry and see what the physics engine is doing you wouldn't be saying that. Just because its on a console (the 360 is practically a PC in a smaller box) doesn't mean its automatically an arcade game.

Shocking?
    Its not shocking its just fact,telemetry doesnt mean its a sim.
    Forza is not anything like a sim,the physics are nowhere near a sim.
    If you have ever played the sims mentioned by nikimere you will fully understand.

Developers simply DO NOT make sims for consoles because they simply will not appeal to the masses.
    Some of the best sims on PC were financial disasters for developers for this reason.
    Just because its on a console (the 360 is practically a PC in a smaller box) doesn't mean its automatically an arcade game

Just because a 360 is decent hardware doesnt mean a racing game for it is automatically a sim either.

I have played it,as ive said its a fun and decent arcade racer,not in anyway a sim.

RBR was vastly dumbed down for console.

LOL relax dude,each to his own,you enjoy forza ill stick with what i know as a sim.

For the record,weather day/night cycles have nothing to do with whats is or is not a sim.
    The best sim of all Live for speed doesnt have any either.

Its all about physics,you find forza realistic ,i dont.
    Its as simple as that,each to their own :)

I do hope you atleast play with a wheel :)

LFS with a G25 = simracing heaven :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Forza2 is a Sim Racer.

........but u wont get any cred from the PC racers here. Unless its running on a PC its not allowed to be called sim.

Doubt very much any of the GP legends crowd have even played it.

Forza is the most 'SIM' racer on XBox at present, you can change ever facet for the cars set up, Ride height FR brake balance, brake pressure,FR Diffs, Toe, Camber, Gear Ratios, Bound/Rebound settings etc etc......but still this wouldnt be sim enuff cause its on Console.

Its a gr8 game and the regs on this board should at least try it. Easily the best Racer on XBox, plus its got a top notch Paint section and Car Auction house (bit like Ebay) :)

• Advertisement

Ability to change any amount of vehicle settings does not make it a sim.
    To be a sim it has to have believeable physics,imo it falls flat on its face in this department.
    Doubt very much any of the GP legends crowd have even played it

Have you even read this thread?
    Ive played it,another GPL player also mentioned he played it.
    but u wont get any cred from the PC racers here. Unless its running on a PC its not allowed to be called sim

Dont be ridiculous,if indeed there was a decent sim on consoles id be more than happy to purchase it.

Doubt very much any of the GP legends crowd have even played it.
    I have a copy of it. It is a good game and i enjoy playing it, but not a Sim i'm sorry to say.
    ...but still this wouldnt be sim enuff cause its on Console.
    You really think i/we prefer a big bulky PC to a console!? If someone could create a "real" racing simulation for a console i'd drop my PC no problem. As already said proper simulation games don't appeal to the masses so i doubt very much someone would ever create one for the XBOX (or any other console for that matter).

Advertisement