Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car lights

Options
  • 13-07-2007 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

i hope someone can help me fix this small problem that i have, i own a 00 opel astra, and recently when i turn on headlamps or parking lights, the lights on the center console (for radio, temp and clock) and for the milage go out, i turn off headlights and they come back on again, anyone know a quick and easy way to fix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

check to see if you have the dimmer switch turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It could be that when you turn on the lights the car thinks that it's nighttime and automatically turns down the lights so you don't have as much glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Fey! wrote:
    It could be that when you turn on the lights the car thinks that it's nighttime and automatically turns down the lights so you don't have as much glare.

"the car thinks" - on a 00 Opel :eek: - I doubt it.:D

But I know what you mean - when the lights are turned on on an Opel, the upper display dims a little. It should not have the appearance of "turning off". I've an 06 Zafira, and the display is always visible - even with the lights on in strong sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Say it's the dimmer switch. Wife thought the same on our Opel Zafira untill I turned it up. :)

Advertisement