Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Gaming Centre Jobs & Cash Events

• 13-07-2007 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I just thought I'd drop in and give you the latest update from the Xbox Live Gaming Centre. We're opening our second centre in Tallaght in September so we're recruiting, and we are kicking off events with Ticketmaster that all have cash prizes. We're also running a special offer on membership.

Jobs @ XLGC
    ===========
    Our second centre will be opening in September in Tallaght. We're taking applications for jobs here at the moment, so if you're interested email your CV to hr@xboxlivegamingcentre.com or post it with a cover letter to Tallaght Jobs, Xbox Live Gaming Centre, 51 South William Street, Dublin 2.

Our ideal candidates are over 20, have a few years experience working in pubs, restaurants or hotels, and have a bit of office experience too. You'll get experience running games marketing campaigns, event management and centre management so if you're looking for something a bit different, let us know.

Cash Prize Events
    =================
    Our new schedule of events kicks off on Monday 16th July, and you can purchase tickets from www.ticketmaster.ie or in-store at the centre. All events feature cash prizes of between €40 and €175 depending on attendance, and run from 6pm sharp for about three hours and tickets cost €30.00.

Here's a rundown of what we have going on:

Monday Night Pro Evo Tournaments

Every Monday night is a Pro Evolution Soccer 6 tournament using PESRankings.com . The format is a league and then knockout tournament, so you'll get plenty of games in, and prizes include cash, Reebok sportswear and copies of PES6 on Xbox 360. We'll also have invitations to the launch of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 up for grabs.

You need to register with PESRankings.com beforehand and bring your username in on the day to take part. As we are the official venue for PESRankings.com tournaments in Ireland, your scores will get a decent multiplyer, and the winner at the end of the season (wraps up in August) will get brought on an all expenses paid trip to Europe for the European Championships in September.

Gears of War Tournaments

We're running a GOW Tournament twice a month as warm ups for the World Cyber Games in September, and we've cash prizes and GOW limited edition t-shirts up for grabs.

Sports Night

Our sports night runs once a month and features a selection of different sports games including Madden, Tennis, Basketball and Ice Hockey games.

Race Nights

We are running two race nights a month. We're making it fun, so there's a mix of games including Forza 2, PGR3, Flatout Ultimate Carnage and more. Prizes include cash and Logitech Xbox 360 steering wheels.

Call of Duty nights

We are running COD nights once a month. The night will include both COD2 & COD3 and prizes include cash and invitations to both the launch of COD4 in November, but also an exclusive first look before the game comes out.

Outcast Overnight LAN

We are kicking off our once a month overnight LAN's the last Friday of the month. July's one is on Friday 27th and the event runs from 9pm - 7am with a wide variety of games being played. Tickets cost €50 and there are cash prizes and a ton of spot prizes on the night.

You can buy tickets in-store at 51 South William Street, Dublin 2 or from our venue page online at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venue/197331?brand=ie_xboxlive

Membership Special Offer
    ========================

For the next three months we are running a special offer on membership. Membership is free for under 18's with €5 free credit, 3rd Level students are €10 with €10 credit on account, and over 18's are €20 with €20 credit.

To avail, simply visit our website at xboxlivegamingcentre.com and download our application form and pop into the centre with photo ID and a proof of address.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Do you take on 17 year olds? (With experience)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great news you're coming to Tallaght. Where abouts will you be set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Antamojo wrote:
    Do you take on 17 year olds? (With experience)

Only if they're female and wear short skirts...........:p

I think you have to be over 18 as they sell games rated 18+ as it was the same when I worked in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Only if they're female and wear short skirts...........:p

I think you have to be over 18 as they sell games rated 18+ as it was the same when I worked in HMV.

I suppose..... lol

Ah sure I'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hey guys,

We're moving in beside Mizzoni Pizza and DID Electrical in the Plaza.

Unfortunately we don't take on under 18's, but if you are interested in some work experience for a fortnight we're always on the lookout for help.

Thanks

Jamie

• Advertisement
Advertisement