Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance NCB mistake

Options
  • 13-07-2007 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

So when I got my no claims discount from my previous insurer, they actually gave me an extra years NCB by mistake. I even pointed this out to them to which the lady replyed "you'll get cheaper insurance why you complaining"

So now i am insured with a different insurance company but I gave them my real NCB as apposed to what is stated in my actual proof of NCB which is actuall a year higher...

Was I stupid to not take the extra year??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Think you did the right thing.

If an insurance company can get out of paying for even the smallest reason then they will.

Lying about NCB is without a shadow of a doubt, a reason for voiding your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

I probably would have taken the extra NCB - but hard to know when put in the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

Thing is though my insurance is cheap enough anway so the extra NCB would be worth about 150 euro and as mark says they could refuse to pay in the event of a claim..

But how would they know if I have the "proof" from my previous insurer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

They wouldnt have known, yes, you were stupid. People are so politically correct these days and afraid to take chances.

And whats this paronia people have with saying/thinking "The insurance company wont pay out" soppy wimpy like statements.
    Insurance companies are still liable to pay out for any damage 1 of their customers caused no matter what lies/etc. the customer told. They may refuse to pay out to the customer but the 3rd party in the accident will be covered. Also, alot of insurance companies have rules in place for cases where it is discovered a customer of theirs was a bit untruthfull with some information, in such cases they may make the customer liable for the first E2000 of the claim etc,,,,,,,,

So, to all ye politically correct boring do-gooders start living and take a few chances, the end result if caught or found out isnt always as drastic as ye have led yourselves to believe through your entire lives.
    Now, im off for a spin with my cousin in his 2Litre turbo Evo insured as a 2litre :D

Well maybe it was my mistake:D

Do you think if I rang them they would refund me the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nuttzy, you obviously know best. :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nuttzy wrote:
    So, to all ye politically correct boring do-gooders start living and take a few chances, the end result if caught or found out isnt always as drastic as ye have led yourselves to believe through your entire lives.
    Now, im off for a spin with my cousin in his 2Litre turbo Evo insured as a 2litre :D
    Non-declaration, have seen it happen a good few times in the business.

It's hilarious when you smash your head in with your incorrectly insured vechile, nice waaaan

zabbo wrote:
    It's hilarious when you smash your head in with your incorrectly insured vechile, nice waaaan

Or if you wrote off a 20 grand car and the insurance wont pay out because you gave false details for the sake of an extra 100 euro

Its not about being PC Nutty, its about common sense a lot of the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Did you by any chance have a full year as a named driver before you started driving in yer own name.

Once you hand in a letter of Named Driving Experience, that will be included onto yer no claims bonus.

Companies often don't bother breaking down the NCB and the NDE.

No nothing like that. They just gave me an extra year NCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Nuttzy wrote:
    And whats this paronia people have with saying/thinking "The insurance company wont pay out" soppy wimpy like statements.

Eh, when the day comes where you have a car that cost you nearly €60,000 a few months back, maybe you'll start using your brain and understand that it would be a lot of money to risk losing!
    Nuttzy wrote:
    They may refuse to pay out to the customer but the 3rd party in the accident will be covered.

This has got to be one of the thickest comments I have ever witnessed! :D

So, your write your car off, you're out of pocket by 60 big ones and the person you hit gets their car fixed while your insurance company then turns to you and politely tells you to f**k off for lying. That's a bloody ingenious idea Nuttzy, fair play dude, why didn't we think that up ourselves??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Haha, I was just winding ye up, was it not obvious. Of course you wouldnt risk things like that on expensive cars but for under 10grand cars a lot of people do risk it.

Advertisement