Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako quad

Options
  • 13-07-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello all
    New to shooting,have joined fermoy rifle club,i was looking at the sako quad any one here have one ,what are your opinions.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I was gonna get one as my first rifle but finally settled on the
    CZ.

Does Fermoy still only allow .22LR sub sonics?
    or do they allow super sonics or any larger calibres?

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Fine rifle,only you are proably going to need 4 seperate liscenses for the 4 different calibres here.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Fine rifle,only you are proably going to need 4 seperate liscenses for the 4 different calibres here.:(

also sold as individual rifles,i dont think theres much mach2 ammo out there yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lisnagry

Thanks for replys .How hard to get liscenses for 4 barrels this will be first liscense in limerick ,39yrs old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

:D I always laugh at that. Yes, you'll need four seperate licences for four seperate calibres (IF YOU BUY THE FOUR BARRELS), just like having four different rifles which if you get the four barrels is what you'll have.

No law states you need to buy the four calibres.

Then again you'll pretty much only need two, .22lr and HMR. I've one, my friend has another. Excellent accurate rifles, only two minor quibbles which are on the .22lr the bolt is hard to close on some ammunition. Lapua club is easy, Eley subs are tough, CCI will almost break yer gun. Also you'll likely need/want to get spacers for the stock as it's made for shortarses. No offence :D

I'd reccommend the Quad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Lisnagry wrote:
    Thanks for replys .How hard to get liscenses for 4 barrels this will be first liscense in limerick ,39yrs old.

Looking at the username Lisnagry are ya living there or are
    Ya City/Outside the City or out the Country ??
    from Dooradoyle/Raheen Area myself wondering what if any issues
    you may have had or what kind of vibe your are getting
    from the local fuzz.

Would like a Quad myself. I love the HMR round but the quad would be
    pretty cool to be able to switch to .22 if there is a need to enter a competition( as most ranges dont let you use the .17HMR in an event) Have not heard of anyone with the Mach2 round
    yet. Its ment to be crap but have not heard from anyone to say anything postive about it.
    I was curious about it though.

Myself Kramer, Vegeta, Clare Gunner are all in or around Limerick/Clare area.
    Nice to see another board member from the same region.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lisnagry

I am living in lisnagry ,have not spoken to guards yet.Trying to decide what to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

excellent rifle, had one in .22 wmr, exceptional accuracy. Friend had one in .17hmr, same, exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

Hiya,

Met ya on the safety course in Fermoy a few weeks back....
    Buy the CZ.....you'll get the same level of accuracy with zero hassel.....perfect rifle for starting out and believe me if you ever get to the stage where you ccan outshoot a Cz then you'll be in a whole other league of rifle shooting and your sponsors will probably build you a total one off custom job!!!!

Vinnie

Advertisement