Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline phone "engaged " whilst using broadband ?

Options
  • 13-07-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Anyone any ideas what the cause of this ? ,i have the split filter connecting the modem and also the telephone into the phone socket on the wall

Sometimes people trying to ring in are saying our line is busy and cant get through , other times it works fine ?Any clues for me what to do ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Perhaps it's faulty. You can pick up another microfilter for around €10-€12.

The microfilter should be plugged into the socket. The phone should be connected to the output marked 'phone' and the router or modem to the output marked 'modem' or 'DSL'.

You must have a microfilter on each phone socket in the house or else you'll run into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Cheers for the reply ethernet, will keep an eye on it ,i definitely have it all connected up ok,
    Will give it another couple of weeks and then blag a new one from eircom if i can .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

sky box + monitored alarm need filters also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

stanley1 wrote:
    sky box + monitored alarm need filters also.
    Absolutely. There's a great thread all about it with a handy diagram. I had a copy of the diagram on my hard drive so here it is.

Advertisement