Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap curtains???

Options
  • 13-07-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

[Mods, please move if necessary!]

I need some blue curtains for me room that aint too pricey. Ive tried Dunnes, Heatons, Debenhams and Hickeys and they either had none or they cost a bomb

Anywhere else I could try in Tallaght or else town???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Look at the big big sticky at the top of this forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try online if you know the measurements. Ebay or similar should have a good selection fairly cheap.
    And read the stickes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Fajitas! wrote:
    my bad! :(

thanks biko!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Argos or Penneys can be good, or ebay is a good suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try nicholls in earl st. or guineys in talbot st., you will get a bargain there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Are you any good at sewing?

Get four fairly heavy quality sheets - two white and two blue. Cut them to be a few inches bigger than the window. Sew a white sheet to a blue sheet, to double the thickness. You'll need to hem them on the top and bottom, but leave the bottom for last. You can sew the sides of the white sheet to the sides of the blue sheet while the "curtain" is turned inside out in order to keep the curtain together as one unit. Repeat with the other sheets.

How you hang them depends on your curtain rail. You can alternate white and blue tabs at the top if you have the right kind of curtain rail. That would also suit the straight edge at the top of the curtain best, imo. If you have a hooked rail, you can find a way of working around it.

Some braided blue and white ribbons might be nice as curtain ties, if you want them.

It's probably the most labour intensive but cheapest way of doing things.

Also, if you're in Dublin, as you appear to be, the new Dunnes on Henry St. has a half price on everything while stocks last thing on until Sunday. Perhaps you'd get something affordable there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fajitas! wrote:

I would have to agree. Mods please move this to the curtain forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Some of your granny's blue flowery frocks should do the trick.

You can have the ones I nicked off her line a few years ago.

gilfs ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seansouth wrote:
    Some of your granny's blue flowery frocks should do the trick.

You can have the ones I nicked off her line a few years ago.

gilfs ftw.

Actually she's a tranny granny. tgilfs ftl.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to the best kept secret on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Harry corrys? they usually have stuff at a good price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What are you calling cheap?
    I got a couple of pairs (lined) for a standard sized window in Hickey's for 29.99.
    Cheaper than that I doubt you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

You could try Arnotts or Boyers bargain department. Sale on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is your window a "standard size" OP? If it isn't it's difficult to get cheap curtains. We've two unusually sized windows here and we ended up having to get curtains made up for them which was a bit pricey.

Its a bedroom window, so im lookin for some with abt a 52 inch drop, the ones I have now are the perfect lenght, they're just gank :)

thanks for all the replies, im gna go root around town in the mornin

Got a pair today in Boyers, the perfect colour

and they cost

wait for it!

5 bleedin euro! :)

They're too long so im gna take em up meself, they're light so shudnt be too much of a fuss

Thanks again!

woop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 common_parlance

EDIT: oops, necrothread.

Advertisement