Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smocks

• 13-07-2007 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

No idea.

Only good on kid's under 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

and I think they are cute and mumsey on pregnant women, but other than that there is really is no excuse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Being a bit fat - thats another excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

if you're a bit overweight they make you look even worse.........especially if you have a big tummy they make you look preggers!!!

There's always the possibility that the fat may be mistaken for a big billow of material though. Better to keep them guessing "is she fat or is it the smock?" than have them just think "fat". There's some degree of method there ...supposedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i cant wear them! i'm a size 12 but a bit short at 5.4..so they look stoopid on me!i think they only suit pregnant women or extrememly skinny women...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

But they are vile! Such a fad. They will disappear quicker than Poncho's did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cas_k

Absolutely no point!! Hopefully they don't stay in fashion for the winter... thankfully I've managed to get through the season without buying one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I have 2 for work, i wear a cordroy sports coat over them. They don't look too bad when dressed up with something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I have 2 for work, i wear a cordroy sports coat over them. They don't look too bad when dressed up with something else.

Yep, think the ONLY way to wear them without looking like you're about to drop a sprog or have eaten ALL the pies is to wear them with a fitted jacket or waistcoat.
    They're a no go area if you are any way well endowed in the chest area though! The word tent springs to mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Lola123 wrote:
    Yep, think the ONLY way to wear them without looking like you're about to drop a sprog or have eaten ALL the pies is to wear them with a fitted jacket or waistcoat.
    They're a no go area if you are any way well endowed in the chest area though! The word tent springs to mind!

Yeah, it depends on how you wear them really. I think they can look good with really skinny jeans too (that way people know you aren't actually fat :D ). Sadly, I have yet to find one that looks good on me, and think I will just have to leave the smock wearing to the taller people of the world...

I think they can look good with really skinny jeans too (that way people know you aren't actually fat :D )

I agree. I'm size 10 (occasionally a 12) and I have 2 smock-ish type tops. Neither make me look slim as such but still there are days when I'm quite happy to have recourse to some "hide all" that can be worn in the name of fashion. Lets not knock the smock too much. Next year it'll be all sausage skin tight clothes and we will be sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I quite like them, teamed with the right jeans they can look nice.
    In saying that, I've stuck to the heavy materials which have the smock cut but hang closer to the body, rather than the light billowing ones. (size 10)

The problem is have with them are the plethora of daft patterns now in the shops. Some 70's inspired tops can be cute, but many of them just seem dragged out of the past. Bright orange with and brown and blue? Yellow with brown and mustard? Ugg.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

I must admit i bought one without trying it on, when i put it on all i could do was laugh at myself. Hideous!!! Anyone remember the episode of the Simpsons where Homer got fat he had to wear that long smock dress thing? That's all I could think of when i put it on! Never again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

jessie1 wrote:
    I must admit i bought one without trying it on, when i put it on all i could do was laugh at myself. Hideous!!! Anyone remember the episode of the Simpsons where Homer got fat he had to wear that long smock dress thing? That's all I could think of when i put it on! Never again..

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw smock!

Advertisement