Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for car - Price range 8-11k

Options
  • 13-07-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

The two front runners at the moment are Honda Accord and Mazda 6 (1.8 models)

Other cars i've consided are: Mondeo, Primera, Audi A4 and passat.

The car i'm looking for is for a family with two young kids, decent boot, alloys, and air con. Most important.... it must be reliable. Any one good/bad experiences with the above cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think you will find most people here will recommend the accord. Splendid car underrated by many Irish motorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carryboy

You can try it here www.tipperarymotoring.com. You can search any brand here, make and the prices as well as the history of the car. You can search every county for cars that are for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dampsquid wrote:
    Most important.... it must be reliable

Then you can't go far wrong with the Accord or the Mazda 6

carryboy wrote:
    You can try it here www.tipperarymotoring.com

You shillin' or what? I did a little test and searched for any BMW 530. Results:

carzone: 214 hits
    tipperarymotoring: 1 hit

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go for a Superb. Stupid name, but bigger than even a already massive Octavia. Humungous boot.

The archaic diesel has enough torque to realign rogue planets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

The accord is rock solid. Service interval of 12k miles makes it good to run too. Lots on carzone, this in particular looks ok:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=698092

I'd try him at 7.5k though... I know you said 1.8 and a 2L will cost a bit more to run, but the 1.8 can be a bit sluggish. 2L can be harder to move so you could save the difference in 2 year running costs if you get a deal.

Jeez Henry, you work for the wrong company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Dampsquid, go for an automatic. You'd be crazy not to! (imho :cool: )

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement