Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anbody know where I could get a good quality bike

Options
  • 13-07-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hey anybody know where I could get a good bike?, what is the best brand around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

That all depends on what you want it to do. Commute, race, roads/mountains...downhill, freeride, xc, dh. Brands and specs/requirements differ for every discipline. Tell us what kind of cycling you are interested in and someone will be able to help you out.

Also, there is no 'best brand,' people find they are suited to different bikes. Brand is a minor detail as once you go above a certain pricw bracket eg. €500 all bikes are of good quality and component specs are more important than frame branding. Comfort is more important than a shiny specialized or santa cruz badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Probably a road or mountain bike, would i be a able to get a comfortable one for under 400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

what kind of cycling will you be doing? your still kinda vague about the whole thing. secondhand you could get a nice racer i guess, same applies to a mtn bike.
    pls help us with some information, so we can help you make a decision.

Road cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

try a recent thread below by RasTa, he's selling his GIANT OCR4 for 300eur ono.

going second hand is your best bet, there's not really any road bikes worth looking at new for 400eur.

• Advertisement

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Import from cheaper countries, like the north of Ireland - ChainReactionCycles.com.

Advertisement