Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS and wages

Options
  • 13-07-2007 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I changed jobs a few weeks back. My weekly wage used to zip into my EBS a/c overnight. Now, my new employer posts my cheque to EBS Upr Liffey Street, who then reserve 9 days to clear it !!!! I rang on the 10th of July to be told the cheque which had just been lodged would clear on the 19th. I dont expect my new boss to change their ways or anything so its the EBS end that I want fixed. Can they not clear a cheque immediately when they are alerted to it being a wage payment?

Also, my branch was Westmoreland St until they sold it off to McDonalds or someone, and apparently their business has been moved to Liffey St. According to directory enquiries this place doesnt exist. Whats their number so I can abuse them??

Oh yeah and when will the rain stop, thats all, thanks.......JMSE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm assuming your old job didn't pay you by cheque but did it directly? If so, that might account for the difference.

And in fairness, a quick look at ebs.ie found me this:
    http://ww3.ebs.ie/website/website.nsf/openoffices/Liffey+Street?opendocument

Abusing people won't really do much good, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Ask your employer for the cheque instead of them posting it. Then open up an account in the bank whre your emplyer's account is held. If you lodge it to their branch it should clear in one day & a diffrent branch about 3.
    Can they not clear a cheque immediately when they are alerted to it being a wage payment?

No. Clearing isn't a banker waving a wand over a cheque. It's more like a description of the process of your bank transferring money from your employers account to yours with the cheque as a paper authorisation.

Now some banks will let you draw against Effects Not Cleared - this means you can take the money before the cheque clears. You'll need to a have some history with the bank so they can trust you'll sort the account out if any cheques were to bounce. This won't happen with EBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Now some banks will let you draw against Effects Not Cleared - this means you can take the money before the cheque clears. You'll need to a have some history with the bank so they can trust you'll sort the account out if any cheques were to bounce. This won't happen with EBS.

Sound thanks, feck EBS

Advertisement