Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom caps their talk time bundles

Options
  • 13-07-2007 10:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

6. (a) eircom may at its absolute discretion withdraw the Levels of the Facility from
    a customer account where the usage of the Facility on the account exceeds
    a specified duration. The duration thresholds are 100 hours per month of All
    Ireland calls for eircom Talktime Anytime, 40 hours per month of All Ireland
    calls for eircom Talktime After Hours and 20 hours per month of All Ireland
    calls for eircom Talktime Weekender.

(b) eircom may at its absolute discretion withdraw the eircom Talktime UK
    level of the facility from a customer account where the usage of the
    Facility on the account exceeds 40 hours per month of All Ireland calls. It
    is a provision of the eircom Talktime UK level of the facility that calls to
    UK fixed lines in excess of 1,000 minutes per month are charged as set
    out in Part 18.2 of Section 1 of this Scheme.

Be careful out there, this comes in on the 16th . BT Bundles have no caps like this that I am aware of . The bleddy bundles are only 8 months old :(

page 17 of this pdf below effective after next week.

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

Hi,
    I have a bundle with broadband and talktime, can I cancel the whole thing and go to Smart, usually my 6 month contract goes until november with eircom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

So if I'm on anytime I'm limited to 6000 minutes a month or 200 minutes a day??? I think I can live with that ;)

even the weekender thing gives you 1200 minutes a month, with at least 120 minutes per day at the weekend...again I think I could live with that.

incidentally I have the after hours bundle at the moment but barely use the phone at all, only have it for the broadband to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

supervixen wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a bundle with broadband and talktime, can I cancel the whole thing and go to Smart, usually my 6 month contract goes until november with eircom ?
    If broadband is taken as part of a bundle it's a 12 month contract, not 6.

kaizersoze wrote:
    If broadband is taken as part of a bundle it's a 12 month contract, not 6.

They are not stupid, they asked me if I want this bundle, it was only 1 euro more, so I agreed.....
    I take this to always check the details, thanks for this info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you are a consumer they change the contract to your detriment (i.e., increase the prices substantially or decrease the amount of service offered), you can cancel anytime.

• Advertisement

If you are a consumer they change the contract to your detriment (i.e., increase the prices substantially or decrease the amount of service offered), you can cancel anytime.
    "40 hours per month of All Ireland calls for eircom Talktime After Hours " according to the new rules

compared to

Talk while you surf with eircom talktime after hours
    Get unlimited local and national evening and weekend calls***.
    *** Hang up and redial after 59 minutes. If you exceed 60 minutes with a phone call, you will be charged the standard rate for local and national calls. Prices quoted apply to standard single lines only.
    is maybe a decrease in service, and so I can cancel ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its a substantial change , why not ask Comreg for their opinion ...especially if other bundles are still unlimited

I would think that you could break the contract , yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yes i believe if a service is changed against your favor then you are able to opt out of the contract with no penalties, but double check

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It is a 12 month contract. One of the marketing guys rang me up...

It is a 12 month contract. One of the marketing guys rang me up...
    short update:
    1) comreg told me Eircom can change whatever they like, as long as they reserve the right to do this in the first T&C.
    2) I called Eircom, the guy told me my contract is 6 months.
    3) I found similar restrictions about the usage of the telefone in an earlier version of the T&C.

I will see in 4 months what happens when I try to switch to Smart:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if you tear the arse out of it they will terminate you for free supervixen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

Can anyone give examples of whats being offered in the bundles, pricewise?

Advertisement