Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duddy weigh-ins

• 13-07-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Duddy_Furlan_Weigh_In.jpg

Weigh ins
    John Duddy (160.5lbs) V Alessio Furlan (160.8lbs)
    Paul McCloskey (141.5lbs ) V Ivan Orlando Bustos (142.6lbs)
    Stephen Haughian (142.5lbs) V Gary O'Connor (141.3lbs)
    Eugene Heagney (121.4lbs) V Colin Moffett (122.4lbs)
    Patrick Hyland (129.9lbs) V Roman Rafael (132.7lbs)
    Declan Timlin (231.2lbs) V Peter Szabo (206.4lbs)

John Duddy:
    "I’m hoping people are going to see a lot of power and speed and my fights usually have plenty of blood, sweat and tears as well but hopefully not my blood or my tears. I think outside the ring the atmosphere will be pretty hot and I’m sure the crowd will enjoy it but it will be pretty hot inside the ring as well and I’m looking forward to a great victory."

"I don't make forecasts, that's for weather men. I never plan to go in for an early finish but if the opportunity pops up I’ll take it because if I hurt you I can take you out."

“The reaction I’ve had since coming home is more than I could ever have dreamed of. I’m getting noticed in places that I’d never even have dreamed of and that just makes me want to work even harder to make a name for myself back here.“

Alessio Furlan: “I have not come to Ireland as a tourist. I'm here on business and I will give my all tomorrow night. I am known as "The Warrior" and you will see why that is tomorrow night."

"People may not think I am a puncher but I have seen some weaknesses in Duddy and if I hit him on the button he will go."

"Fighting in front of his home crowd doesn't bother me. In fact I enjoy it. I fought in front of 20,000 in Germany when I fought Sebastian Sylvester who is now the European Champion and I loved the atmosphere."

The event will be broadcast live on RTÉ TWO on Saturday night (July 14th) from 10pm with coverage also available online (excluding North America) on RTE.ie.

Duddy’s U.S. fight fans are also catered for with the “The Homecoming” being broadcast live on cable pay-per-view starting at 5pm Eastern Time, 2pm Pacific Time. The event, produced by RTÉ and distributed for pay-per-view by Integrated Sports, will be available via iN Demand and TVN for a suggested retail price of only $19.95.

A replay broadcast will be shown at 10pm Eastern Time on July 14. The event will also be available via Closed Circuit throughout the United States.

http://www.bernarddunne.net/p_release5.php

Advertisement