Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisburn City

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Im sure Lisburn is a very nice town but the fact it is associated with some of the worst strains of unionism means I will probrably never visit. I think it is unfortunate that in this day and age many still feel that way and the only option is to just keep on driving. All perception of course. I wish they would lose the emblems and flags then maybe more D-reg's might stop for a visit and spend euros there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Not that nice but it's home for me :P , just not sweet :rolleyes: maybe could be but don't see most of the population growin up and movin away from the flags and kerb paintin. Livin in the past :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Intifadah

Our youth club would take us to the swimmers in Lisburn years ago, better than anything in Belfast thats for sure (although getting to lisburn is hardly a bus run is it).

Every permission letter the club sent out about what we could wear read like we were going behind enemy lines not swimming. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Intifadah wrote: »
    (although getting to lisburn is hardly a bus run is it).
    From Belfast it is :) Just 8 Miles :P
    Intifadah wrote: »
    Every permission letter the club sent out about what we could wear read like we were going behind enemy lines not swimming. :rolleyes:

lol, any chance could scan one ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Berns wrote: »
    From Belfast it is :) Just 8 Miles :P
    Maybe the poster was thinking of the "Lisburn Road" in Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

Hi , first time poster so im not sure if this is the right forum,
    I am supposed to be moving to Norn Ireland next year and was considering the towns of Hillsborough and Moira or any other nice spot close on the east or south east of Belfast.
    I currently live in Malahide and I wanted to replicate the nice small town feel with lots of restaurents and cafes.
    After reading the bit about Lisburn above :eek:, I dont think it would suit me .

Any place with some public transport to Belfast would also be a bonus .

any suggestions would be most appreciated ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i used to work in lisburn, commuted from belfast. its very close, if you know the back ways through the hill hall road its only 20 mins or so, sometimes less.

didnt like it much though. very sleepy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

bladeruner wrote: »
    Hi , first time poster so im not sure if this is the right forum,
    I am supposed to be moving to Norn Ireland next year and was considering the towns of Hillsborough and Moira or any other nice spot close on the east or south east of Belfast.
    I currently live in Malahide and I wanted to replicate the nice small town feel with lots of restaurents and cafes.
    After reading the bit about Lisburn above :eek:, I dont think it would suit me .

Any place with some public transport to Belfast would also be a bonus .

any suggestions would be most appreciated ,
    Have a look around. I think Hillsborough's quite posh!

Advertisement