Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deepforde Drogheda

Options
  • 14-07-2007 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I have just recently moved into a 3 bed semi in Deepforde and was wondering if anyone else can hear their neighbours next door!!?? Find it rather strange and bought on reputable recommendation from town & neighbourly folk advising a very high reputation for the builders.

Any info would be greatly recd!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

If soundproofing is an issue as it appears the builders should be notified and they should rectify the matter.

Are they timber framed houses? I have a friend who had the same issue and his is a timber framed house, the builders increased the sound proofing.

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Deepforde is brick built I believe, and I would agree with the OP, the builders have a good reputation so I'm surprised about the noise levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Hi,

I Live in Deepforde and since my neighbours moved in about a month ago, i can here them talking and their TV. they seem to keep late hours and i was woken up by them last night at about 4 o'clock talking. this is starting to bug me, but i dont think the builders will do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MGrah

Hi,

I Live in Deepforde and since my neighbours moved in about a month ago, i can here them talking and their TV. they seem to keep late hours and i was woken up by them last night at about 4 o'clock talking. this is starting to bug me, but i dont think the builders will do anything about it.

Dub - thought about asking the builder to do something about this? They're still on site there. I live in another estate built by the same people and recently had them back to do a little work, which was done with no quibbles/complaints, and this is several years later.

(The one way of being certain that the builder won't do anything about it is to not tell them there's a problem) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Here Here! I live in Deepforde also and we can hear our neighbours shower whining when they're in it and doors etc! How about we join forces? What's the story with phone lines? Eircom are blaming the builder?

• Advertisement

Hi Willah,

I have been waiting for Eircom since last September and they told me it will be November until i have a phone line. They say they need to install a new exchange in the area.
    I went with Irish broadband where i get 500 minutes to irish and uk landlines for 9.99. great deal as my girlfreind is english.There broadband is very fast also.

I agree with you about joining forces to tacle the soundproofing issue.

Hi Willah,

I have been waiting for Eircom since last September and they told me it will be November until i have a phone line. They say they need to install a new exchange in the area.
    I went with Irish broadband where i get 500 minutes to irish and uk landlines for 9.99. great deal as my girlfreind is english.There broadband is very fast also.

I agree with you about joining forces to tacle the soundproofing issue.

I have Irish Bband aswell do I not need Eircom to do something with the line before getting a phone in? I might just give Irish Bband a call... I think I'm just up from you noticed the aerial on the roof!

Hi willah,

you dont need eircom for irish broadband. they put a dish on your roof,as you have seen. then the phone comes through the dish. then you dont have to rely on rip-off eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭hargo

Whats the phone quality like with Irish Broadband, is it as good as over phone line?

Yeah the phone quality is as clear as anything i have had from Eircom. and if you want to call a mobile all you do is top up your account.

• Advertisement

Coincidence or what Eircom rang me today (wed) to let me know my phone is connected! Just have to plug it into the socket on the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Lads just talk to the foreman, they are a very good bunch of lads, Mic is the name of the foreman, is there any one in the new 3beds yet? just looking on some feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stameen

Hi,

Wow! You should not be able to hear people talking!!!! I'd be worried as they could probably hear you!

Your neighbours must be shouting there heads off, no?

I see that "willah" can hear a shower going- yer having a laugh!

Hope you didnt pay much for the house? Not with that stuff going on. I hear it can be pricey to fix. There was stuff in the news about it.

Hey all,

Ihad a word with Val (Estate Agent) last week, and he "Promised" me that the green area in front of Colpe Park would be finished by September and that the builders hope to be finished and off the site by December at the latest. i wont hold my breaath but it would be good if true, especially as the South Gate complex will be open by then as well.

Dub in Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Piper57

Hi was looking at the 3 beds for sale in Deepforde and read your posts. Have any of the issues beeng resolved .ie the noise limiting.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lloydyboy

Living in another estate in drogheda semi-d have to listen to neighbours having sex 3/4 times a week....and boy is she loud.....so know how you deepforde heads feel....and the price you paid for them too.....best bet buy detached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mel_matthews

Hey all,

Ihad a word with Val (Estate Agent) last week, and he "Promised" me that the green area in front of Colpe Park would be finished by September and that the builders hope to be finished and off the site by December at the latest. i wont hold my breaath but it would be good if true, especially as the South Gate complex will be open by then as well.

Dub in Louth

hey i wouldnt really believe what val says we bought a house off him and he told us we should be in by 24th july but when we spoke to the foreman he said it wont be ready til sept and they're even gonna skip 3 houses to get ours finished.. and he also said he hadnt been talkin to val in 3 months... so try not to get ur hopes up bout his promises:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mmmm1984

Hi there, I know nothing has been posted on this forum for a while but I'm living in deepforde a few months and having the same issue with sound proofing .
    I rang the foreman, he said that nothing can be done, that an independent sound engineer had checked them when others complaints had been made. Meath county council was also satified.
    Was anything done about yours?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

lloydyboy wrote: »
    Living in another estate in drogheda semi-d have to listen to neighbours having sex 3/4 times a week....and boy is she loud.....so know how you deepforde heads feel....and the price you paid for them too.....best bet buy detached.

Start a YouTube channel and stream the sound live. Wait for clicks and views. Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

lloydyboy wrote: »

mind if i call round for.. eh... tea??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

DYLF wrote: »
    mind if i call round for.. eh... tea??

I'm passing there tomorrow for Five Oaks.... Could bring Fig Rolls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

mmmm1984 wrote: »
    Hi there, I know nothing has been posted on this forum for a while but I'm living in deepforde a few months and having the same issue with sound proofing .
    I rang the foreman, he said that nothing can be done, that an independent sound engineer had checked them when others complaints had been made. Meath county council was also satified.
    Was anything done about yours?
    Thanks!

renting or bought?

i see they changed the sign to 'new prices' outside the estate and in five oaks..anyone know how much they're asking for them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 janusi4ka

Living on deepforde for 2 years, omg neighbors with evening TV sounds and guests on weekends! I can even hear during the day how they speak Skype :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

renting or bought?

i see they changed the sign to 'new prices' outside the estate and in five oaks..anyone know how much they're asking for them now?

I noticed they had changed the sign in Julianstown as well. News said house prices are down 15%, I wonder will it be the same for Deepforde and Five Oaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone a site plan of the new houses in deepforde,theres not much on the web pages about it. thanks.

Advertisement