Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats dates..

Options
  • 14-07-2007 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

anybody know wen the repeat exams start off???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not sure of exact dates but they are usually the last week of august/first week in september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

:( ...... cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Sorry for the delay in posting this online, I've been off the grid in Waterford being trained :S Details should also be available on the SU website - [url="http://www.ditsu.ie]www.ditsu.ie[/url]

NB - Important information for those who have to sit
    Repeat Exams in Sept 2007
    These are the overall start and finish dates for the Repeat (Supplemental) Exams per Faculty and Timetables specific to each Programme will be available.

All students must register for these Exams and pay a €60.00 fee. The deadline for Registration varies per Faculty so please check and do so on time as otherwise you may have to pay a late registration fee.

Faculty/Site - Registration deadline - Exams will start on this date - Exams will finish on this date

Applied Arts AST -Extended to July 20th - 3rd September - 11th September
    Applied Arts MSQ -July 19th - 3rd September - 7th September (tbc)
    Applied Arts RATH -July 19th - 3rd September - 7th September
    Built Environment -July 19th - 3rd September - 11th September
    Business -Extended to July 20th - 3rd September - 11th September
    Engineering BST -July 19th - 31st August - 12th September
    Engineering KST -Extended to July 20th - 29th August - 7th September
    Science -Extended to July 20th - 29th August - 7th September
    Tourism & Food -July 18th - 27th August - 7th September

P.S. Sorry for the crappness of the table :S

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

god some VP you are :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Fee is only €55 to start with.

The complete timetables are now posted up in college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

nice one dunners! appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

just on the subject of repeats...

I failed Maths (16%) and Economics (30%) in the 1st year business studies exams back in May. Passed the other 5 exams scoring high 60's and 70's.

I failed economics pretty much because the continuous assesment I did was terrible and some parts I didn't even hand in.

I heard that the repeats are out of 100%, is this true? If so I would be confident of passing Economics handy enough.

As for the Maths subject, what happens if I fail it? I've been studying it flat out now for the past 2 weeks and will continue to do so up til September. I just literally cannot get my head around it unfortunatly, it's just my weak point and I'm finding it a nightmare. If the worst case scenario arises and I fail Maths in the repeats, would D.I.T. make me repeat the entire year, just because of 1 fail? Seems a bit harsh.

Also one final thing, a m8 of mine who's doing another Business course in 2nd or 3rd year mentioned to me a few months back that the repeat exams in DIT are almost idential to the original summer exams you take. Is this true? I was going to just learn off by heart the asnwers to the summer test but I feel this may be a big gamble to take if it dosen't pay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 caviaronaplate

Not sure bout all of DIT but Kevin St repeats start 29th Aug and finish 7th Sep ... DIT so vigilant in providing info as usual :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

Enda89 wrote:

Also one final thing, a m8 of mine who's doing another Business course in 2nd or 3rd year mentioned to me a few months back that the repeat exams in DIT are almost idential to the original summer exams you take. Is this true? I was going to just learn off by heart the asnwers to the summer test but I feel this may be a big gamble to take if it dosen't pay off.

This is not the case. It has happened to me once or twice where there are common questions in both exams, and one case where the paper was identical to the summer exam, but that would be extremely rare and I wouldn't count on it happening. What does happen more often is that the person setting the paper has a collection of questions that they use from year to year, mixing and matching them to make the exams. If you look at past papers for the subject, those can give you a good idea of what will come up, just make sure it is the same lecturer as you have now.

Advertisement