Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking Ticket Fine Increase?

• 14-07-2007 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Just wondering to what extent do parking tickets in this country increase...

The main charge is €40, say for parking without paying & displaying, for the first 28 days. Then it increases to €60 for the next 28 days. Does anyone know what happens after this? Because I've heard of tickets going unpaid for over a year, and the fine being only €160....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It would then go to court and operate on the court sclae of fines, which might run to a few hundred euros.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

40-60 over the course of a month is a 50% increase.
    40-160 over the couse of a year is 300% increase (simple interest)

I fail to see the value in paying late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sunnyd

The fine stays at €40 for the first 28days if it is not paid it increases to €60 for the next 28 days. If it is not paid after the 56 days the council will no longer accept payment(however they do sometimes)a summons will be issued and the case brought to court. I have seen some fines rise to €1,600. I think its safer to just pay when u get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I would NEVER advise anyone to perjure themselves but a certain MAN I know from a MOUNTAINY place was done for speeding and HIS solicitor would never advise anyone to perjure themselves either but apparently if you say that you never got the fixed penalty notice alot of judges toss it.

The solicitor cost him 400 euro for about 20 minutes work though so it would have been much cheaper to pay upfront and only a spanner wouldn't.

MM

Advertisement