Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car stero

Options
  • 14-07-2007 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Just picked up my new (second hand) MB220 cdi, delighted with the car but have an issue re the car stero. The factory fitted one is MB branded and only has radio cassette. Initially i had hoped to install my Sony Xplod instead of it - straight swop. But then the steering wheel controls will not work! i know that a kit can be got to allow this feature to work - Halfords.

I have now noticed that the rds- radio station details etc are also displayed in the dash. If i swop the radios and install the converter will this feature continue to work?

Would i be better leaving in the origional radio and putting in a second radio?

If i install a second radio can i feed the op of radio 2 into the factory fitted one and thus use the controls?

Lots of questions, hoping for answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

why not look for a Merc CD changer on Ebay. they start at 130 euro there
    is yours a C or E class? what year?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

its a e-class 2001 - avantgarde

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

i dont have a cd unit
    but the face of the radio casette is the same as mine

these units looks the biz, is there anyone in ireland supplying and installing them? not mb dealers as im sure that i would need to tale out a mortgage to pay for it.

In particular the mp3 one looks good

any second hand source for them? ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you could try a cd changer but is going to be expensive as the Audio10 brand fitted in MB uses optical cable and the changer that will fit has to be Silverstone brand made by Becker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement