Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Short Story Competition

Options
  • 14-07-2007 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Jonathon Cape in conjunction with The Observer & Comica are running a Graphic short story competition.

The winner will receive £1,000 and the strip will be run in The Observer.

It's open to anyone in the UK and the republic of Ireland.

Deadline is septmeber 3rd 2007.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Robert Curley

The Observer are running a competion for best orginal short story by any aspiring graphic novelists. The overall winner will receive a prize of £1000 and their graphic story will be printed accross a whole page of the Observer. The runner up gets £250.

The Judges are Nick Hornby, Posy Simmonds, Rachel Cooke(The Observer), Dan Franklin (Publisher, Jonathan Cape) Paul Gravett (Comica Festival Director)

Deadline for entries : Monday 3rd September 2007

To enter check out

www.capegraphicnovels.co.uk

and Good Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Robert Curley

ztoical wrote:
    Jonathon Cape in conjunction with The Observer & Comica are running a Graphic short story competition.

The winner will receive £1,000 and the strip will be run in The Observer.

It's open to anyone in the UK and the republic of Ireland.

Deadline is septmeber 3rd 2007.

I see you got there before me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

(Merged this with an older thread as it looks like you're both referring to the same competition and the more info the better.)

Blast! I'd originally wanted to come up with a submission for this, but given that I've not drawn much of anything in about 6 weeks and the deadline is looming, I'll probably have to give it a miss...

Edited because apparently I can't spell

Advertisement