Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 rings of death

• 14-07-2007 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

A another old thread about a blown out 360. Never thought it would happen to me. Turned on 360 last night to watch Heat on dvd and bang bout 20 mins in happens. Console can be turned back on but lasts 30 mins and then it goes.

This is the second console ive received from xtravision. First one had a faulty cd tray.

I'm not accepting that ive to send the item away and do this myself. I know that through boards the procedure is to send the item away to microsoft, but fact is xtravision did no state that at time of purchase, nor is it on my receipt or in my xbox manual. They are bound to my product for twelve months.

Rang them last night to solve the problem but was talknig to a complete spastic, have to ring this morning for a manager.

I really am not going to accept that ive to send it away, if that is the case they can do it for me and accept all charges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

A another old thread about a blown out 360. Never thought it would happen to me. Turned on 360 last night to watch Heat on dvd and bang bout 20 mins in happens. Console can be turned back on but lasts 30 mins and then it goes.

This is the second console ive received from xtravision. First one had a faulty cd tray.

I'm not accepting that ive to send the item away and do this myself. I know that through boards the procedure is to send the item away to microsoft, but fact is xtravision did no state that at time of purchase, nor is it on my receipt or in my xbox manual. They are bound to my product for twelve months.

Rang them last night to solve the problem but was talknig to a complete spastic, have to ring this morning for a manager.

I really am not going to accept that ive to send it away, if that is the case they can do it for me and accept all charges.

What charges? :confused:
    And did you really need to create a new thread for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

meh its sorted anyway got replacement op can del thread sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ok jsut turned on my new replacement for the first time, 10 mins into the darkness and bang 3 rings again, i dont beleive it.

Could it be a problem with the leads etc?

i can boot back on my xbox just every 10-20 mins its just crashed with 3 rings, talk about annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

This really is getting old.

Was playing some PES there and the game froze. Turned it off, booted up again and the same thing happened a couple of minutes in. Then I got the 3 red lights. I tried a different game and it just froze again a couple of mins in.

I got the Xbox before Xmas in Tesco but am struggling to find the receipt (Idiotic, I know). Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Tesco's policy on these faulty Xboxes and if I have to send it through Microsoft, what's the procedure there?

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They won't take it back if you have no receipt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

The results vary from time to time, but have you tried the towel trick? Have a look on youtube for it. It works I swear to God, I've done it myself. I turned on the xbox 3 times and it froze each time, but since the 4th time it works.
    Also try lying the console on its side while playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I've tried it on it's side and seems to work now, but I turned it on this morning and the first time were the 3 red rings. I tried it a second time and it worked fine. If the system didn't cost so much money, it would be laughable.

Advertisement