Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics cards

Options
  • 14-07-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey , i bought Lottr Battle for middle earth , and i need to get a new grapics card to play it , it recommends NVIDIA 6600 or 6800 Ultra or 7800 GT or GTX. Do u know where i could get them and how do i see if my pc is PCI or AGP and all that . Thank you ! Wa !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

some of them are quite old now so will be very cheap.. if you have some money get an 8800 GTS, they have come down a lot in price and there is even a 340mb version thats much cheaper than the 630mb one i when they first came out.

As for wher.e. check out.. www.komplett.ie
    and if you do not know if you have PCIX or AGP then open your case and look.. it should say on the board but if not then take a pic and post it or give us the motherboard model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Download a program called CPU-Z and go through the tabs that will appear at the top, one of them will tell you graphics expansion you have.. Sorry I cant tell you more im in work and I cant picture it in my head! Its an easy program to get through

Also a big factor would be your budget?

I honestly dont think you want to be spending up to €300 on a card just for one game :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement