Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Invincible Iron Man

Options
  • 14-07-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, cus i know we have some Iron Man Fans on here I'm posting a thread from the thing boards you might be interested in:

Hi everyone,

I am a young director currently working on an INVINCIBLE IRON MAN independent shortfilm, a non profit project based on the Marvel comic book character which will be released online on the 19th of October.

While the project is in post-production phase, a short teaser is already online for you to enjoy.

The Invincible Iron Man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Gah, I hate teaser trailers! Haven't got the foggiest idea whether it could be good or not but I'll probably take a gander when it comes out...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm surprised they're going for Iron Man as a fan-film; given the nature of it, it's going to have higher requirements in the sfx/costume departments which mean it either requires more cash or ends up looking crap...still, it might be the next Batman : Dead End so I'll check it out when it's finally out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DAVID GUIVANT

Hi Ztoical,

Thanks for posting the link;)

Anyway, without revealing too much of the production secrets, this new stunning online adaptation of the Marvel comic book is shot entirely in New Caledonia South Pacific, combining live action footage and 2D Frame by frame animation.

A few more characters form the MARVEL UNIVERSE will appear in the film, one of them is a very famous secret agent with a cigar and eyepatch.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Very hard to tell what it will be like when only 16 of the 45 seconds is anything to do with the movie. The disclaimer is one second longer than the actual footage.

Still...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Is this the same IM movie that has Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark?

• Advertisement

Hi Galactus,

Mine is a shortfilm only, an independent IRON MAN project which will be out in mid October on the net.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

galactus wrote:

:rolleyes: Aren't you adorable?

Jack B. Badd
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by galactus

Aren't you adorable?

No worries at all. I am working on the flight scenes and you will get a feel of what the pilot gets to see through the IRON MAN helmet.

IRON MAN (YOUTUBE) ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCkBIG8HJ5I

IRON MAN (GAME TRAILER) :cool:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/89245.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm intrigued by this, and am looking forward to seeing the finished film.

It's a shame that the character's been turned into a crap villain in the mainstream Marvel U comics though. They had a decent start to the rebooted series with Ellis's Extremis story arc, and since then Stark's just been turned into another Generic Power Mad Villain.

Ah well. At least we still get stuff like Hypervelocity now and again.

No worries at all, I'll keep in touch.
    You'll get to see the famous secret agent with one eye only ;) and he is closer to Jim Steranko's design then the Ultimate version. :rolleyes:

For National Security reasons, I will not reveal his name.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Fysh wrote:

It's a shame that the character's been turned into a crap villain in the mainstream Marvel U comics though. They had a decent start to the rebooted series with Ellis's Extremis story arc, and since then Stark's just been turned into another Generic Power Mad Villain.

Ah well. At least we still get stuff like Hypervelocity now and again.

Hmmm... seeing Tony as a villain is underselling some of the characterisation they've done with him recently. He's in a grey area, he's doing what he's doing it because he believes it's right. He's not mad for power, he didn't set out to become director of SHIELD but now that he is he's doing what he can to protet heroes. The story is pretty much only developing, don't judge it too soon :D

The again it's possible that they'll make him a villain and totally screw it all up!

Fans of SIN CITY, ULTRAVIOLET and SKY CAPTAIN, will enjoy this shortfilm as it will blend live action footage and 2D Frame by frame animation.

Many characters from the MARVEL UNIVERSE will make special appearances, one of them is a very famous secret agent with a cigar and eyepatch.

im7tu0.th.jpgim2qo9.th.jpgim4fn9.th.jpgim5an0.th.jpgim6fw4.th.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy the IRON MAN production photos and look forward to hearing from you. ;)

Fysh wrote:
    I'm surprised they're going for Iron Man as a fan-film; given the nature of it, it's going to have higher requirements in the sfx/costume departments which mean it either requires more cash or ends up looking crap...still, it might be the next Batman : Dead End so I'll check it out when it's finally out...

Thanks for the great feedback, hope you have enjoyed the screnshots and here are some info regarding the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN project.

PICTURE 1 ROXXON OIL COMPANY

Some info on ROXXON :

This fictional company, appearing in comic book stories published by Marvel Comics, is notorious for its determination to make massive profits regardless of any laws or moral principles. As such, it is involved in numerous criminal plots that require the opposition of the various superheroes to stop.

While this company has encountered numerous superheroes, it has most notably been at odds with IRON MAN, as in a storyline called "The Iron Age" where it was revealed that agents of Roxxon Oil killed Tony Stark's parents.

PICTURE : 2 TONY STARK'S NEURAL NET AND ARMOR

Not so long ago, Anthony Stark made a massive technological breakthrough. Instead of physically putting on his shinny suit of armor, the armor is now part of him. It pours out of his skin, he is an IRON MAN.

PICTURE 3 NICK FURY

Colonel Nicholas Joseph "Nick" Fury is a James Bond-like spy and leading agent of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. An intruder with a cloacking device and titanium armor is on board the S.H.I.E.L.D Strato Carrier, it's prime target is NICK FURY himself.

PICTURE 4 S.H.I.E.L.D's STEALTH HAMMER STRATO CARRIER

The most recognizable element of S.H.I.E.L.D, the STRATO CARRIER was the product of the most advanced technologies and minds in the aeronautic industry. Constructed in the late 1960's with help from Tony Stark and Reed Richards, the carrier served as SHIELD's mobile HQ, permitting a global vigilance unmatched by any other force on Earth. Housing hundreds of agents and technicians, the carrier also serves as home to several squadrons of fighter aircraft, helicopters and hovercars.

PICTURE 5 S.H.I.E.L.D's STRATO CARRIER

The mysterious Titanium intruder has disabled the magnetic field around the carrier, a fleet of unidentified aircrafts are approaching the carrier. BATTLESTATIONS !!

ijbye2.th.jpg

Fans can catch a glimpse of NICK FURY in action on the INFAMOUS JACKSON BROS Channel: You can download the video below: Thanks to NAS-T and D

INFAMOUS JACKSON BROS FANFILM CHANNEL
    http://media.libsyn.com/media/infamousjacksonbros/IJB_e11.mp4

The video can be viewed with VLC or i-tunes for those with PCs

ai72xt9.th.jpgcb49mk2.th.jpg

Articles on the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN Shortfilm project can be found in 2 magazines: COMIC BOX # 49 (European comic book magazine) as well as in ADVANCED IRON Magazine # 72:
    http://www.advancediron.org/the-zine/

Enjoy the footage and stay tuned for upcoming new regarding the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN Shorfilm project. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Hey man, just wanna say, all the best with this film. To be honest the timing is perfect because (and I cant believe im saying this where Marvel is concerned) but the new Iron Man film actually looks really good - due out next May for those wondering - and stars both Robert Downey Jnr as Tony Stark and Samuel L Jackson as Agent Fury

Ive never been overly fond of Iron Man, still, you cant go wrong

Thanks a lot Thundercraker, did you manage to download and see my version of NICK FURY in the IJB video? ;)

Thanks a lot Thundercraker, did you manage to download and see my version of NICK FURY in the IJB video? ;)

I didnt unfortunely, Im going to try do that now, I hope it goes well for you....Marvel have a tendency of wrecking comic conversions of movies...I think they should leave it in the hands of fans tbh lol:D

In fairness to Marvel, the Iron Man movie is going to be an interesting litmus test in that it will be the first adaptation of a Marvel license that has been controlled all the way through development & production by Marvel - previous outings have always had some external involvement, which has usually been detrimental.

Not to say that the upcoming movie couldn't still be terrible, but at least if it is awful it will be awful on Marvel's terms, rather than on the terms of a production company or a bunch of suits who don't know or give a damn about the source material.

didnt unfortunely, Im going to try do that now, I hope it goes well for you....Marvel have a tendency of wrecking comic conversions of movies...I think they should leave it in the hands of fans tbh lol

Way to go buddy !! The Blade movies were OK. I didn't like the other adaptations.

Fysh In fairness to Marvel, the Iron Man movie is going to be an interesting litmus test in that it will be the first adaptation of a Marvel license that has been controlled all the way through development & production by Marvel - previous outings have always had some external involvement, which has usually been detrimental.

It may be but one constant flaw in those Marvel adaptations is that none of the actors look like the characters in the comic. Robert seems OK but he needs to beef up a bit.

Plus :D:
    Quote from YIN SEN in the movie:
    YS: What are you building STARK?
    TS: Well I am building the Mark I armor which is gigantic, packed with a flamethrower but none of you terrorist croonies seem to notice in the dark, not enough electricity in those caves. Shoud have signed a contract with STARK INDUSTRIES, you'd get free torchlights :D

Fysh wrote: »
    rather than on the terms of a production company or a bunch of suits who don't know or give a damn about the source material.

Have to agree with that, Ghost Rider for one was absolutely terrible, especially the ending. I gotta say that while I like Nicholas Cage in some of the things he does (Matchstick Men) he just seemed wrong in that movie. I think that Johnny Depp would have been so much better, word on the street was that Cage convinced the director to cast him, as he was such a big fan of the comics

What I cant believe is The Incredible Hulk film coming next year with Edward Norton, they've now decided to change the main actor

• Advertisement

What I cant believe is The Incredible Hulk film coming next year with Edward Norton, they've now decided to change the main actor

No kidding, well that won't happen with IRON MAN.
    Anyway I've got 4 SPECIAL FX scenes to complete then I'll run to the editing room to Piece all of that together. (The editing room is the same room as my bedroom):D

Stay tuned for upcoming news regarding the IRON MAN project. ;)

Greetings from New Caledonia South Pacific Island. THE TRISKELLION

Post production for the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN project has been completed already. Give us sometime to upload the videofile and I will post the link as soon as I have the URL.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. ;)

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN SHORTFILM PROJECT ;)

When billionaire industrialist Tony Stark dons his sophisticated steel mesh armor of his own design, he becomes a living high-tech weapon, the world's greatest human fighting machine : THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN. ;)

2D Animation, fast paced action, enormous fun from director David Guivant, and a must-see for all MARVEL COMICS' die hard fans.

ironman.jpg
    THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN TV SHOW
    http://outremonde.fr/modules/downloads//files/mov/david_guivant_ironman.mov

IRON MAN CAST & CREW

Iron Man....................................Iron Man # 569
    Anthony Stark.............................Paul Lasserre
    Virginia Potts..............................Tiphaine Bousquet
    Harold Hogan..............................Olivier Houdan
    Natasha Romanoff.......................Rosanne Ringenbach
    Nicholas Fury..............................Fabrice Wenger
    Carol Danvers.............................Emilie Denis
    Gene Khan..................................Jean Pierre Perreira
    Excelsior....................................Stan Lee ;)

Director.....................................David Guivant
    Producer....................................David Guivant
    Storyboard Artist.........................David Guivant
    Script........................................David Guivant
    Special Effects............................David Guivant
    Pupeteer....................................Jean-Claude Liou
    Pupeteer....................................Amandine Pillaut
    Pupeteer....................................Julien Leconte
    Director's Assistant......................Julien Leconte
    Director's Assistant.......................Stéphane Rigal
    Drapesmaster..............................Marie-Thérèse Chung
    Drapesmaster..............................Jeremy Chung
    Music.........................................Immediate Music

Thank you everyone for your patience and I hope you'll enjoy this shortfilm.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 ;)

This project was made with practically No Budget and recorded with a Sony Mini DV Camcorder. The Actors were shot on a black backgound and the lighting is from torch lights or Garden projectors, I don't have anything to record audio and to produce sound itself.

My actors are friends, students and teachers doing it for fun. No drama training at all.

What you see is 2D frame by frame animation, all done in photoshop. My main area is pre-production and graphics as my strength lies more in the image department.

GIJOE WIDEVISION TRADING CARDS
    JOE COLTON CARDS
    BIRDS OF PREY LITHOGRAPHS
    TRANSFORMERS LITHOGRAPHS

Escapism and fun for free and 100% Marvel Universe. Free to watch and free to enjoy. I think the next step for MARVEL is to bring the THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN TV SHOW to syndication !!

Cheers and HAPPY EASTER !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

Exceptional work especially considering the non-budget. Looks like using your friends paid off in the casting dept too. I particularly think you got a good Natasha and Nick Fury. Some solid kinetic editing too.

It is however not how I'd approach an Iron Man series, conceptually. But that's the fan boy in me, I'd keep it more grounded rather than the intergalatic battle fest. BUT..

Congratulations on your efforts, they paid off in spades.

People do love that Lacrimosa music track, don't they ;)

Thanks for the cool feedback. :)

I had better soundtracks but they were all too short. That's the only one that could fit the length of my fictional opening credit of the THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN TV SHOW

Plenty of easter eggs to come by:

If you slow down the images you will see some of the individual members of the EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES, including a Sentinel of Liberty, a former model turned insect, a Wakandan Ambassador, a Giant Man, a catwoman, a movie star turned Avengers, a Synthoid married to a Scarlett Witch and Superhero Genius: Excelsior :D

Here's another one: Did you get to see what type of car Harold Hogan was driving? Is there a character missing? A former bodyguard in a Black and White IRON MAN armor? Look carefully at Virginia Pott's screen, an Icon of the War Machine appears on the monitor, unfortunately the following scene with a pan on War Machine was cut off in the final editing.

Apparently the War Machine Icon was too small to see even when slowed down and looked like a black and white skull so at the test screening some fans though that Tony Stark was tracking down the Punisher during the CIVIL WAR.

Speaking of [color=BrownTITANIUM[/color]. A mysterious and cloaked intruder has been detected onboard the SHIELD Strato-Carrier. His target is Director Nick Fury. There is a scene where FURY uses his gun to blast TITANIUM MAN.

In my TV SHOW the Millionaire Tycoon Gene Khan found a MAKLUAN Alien spaceship that crashed many years ago in The Tunguska region and found 10 rings inside it with other pieces of technology.

Wow so much power but but not strong enough as our planet is protected by EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES. So he activates a beacon that opens a portal and brings a Makluan fortress next to our planet.

It's up to IRON MAN, FURY, WIDOW, WARBIRD and the AVENGERS to stop the Mandarin and the MAKLUAN Fleet from destroying Earth. :D

This could work as a TV SHOW with 24 episodes, you got time to introduce the characters and have a season finale with a huge battle. :D

header4.gif

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN was screened at the SUPANOVA CONVENTION in Australia : MELBOURNE and BRISBANE.
    •*•*Click here to see the flyer •*•*

siteon33.jpg

Check out the article about the INVINCIBLE IRON MAN project in FRANCE COMICS.
    •*•*Click here to read the Interview •*•

magazine-14couv.gif

Also a short article in KHIMAIRA MAGAZINE
    • • Click here to read the Khimaira Interview • •

Enjoy !!

Advertisement