Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prison break

Options
  • 14-07-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

a pal of mine is thinking of getting her torso and back and both arms done in the style of prison break. i think it would be bloddy awesome however she is a child minder self employed recently set up her own business. do ye think this will effect her business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ok, the prison break reference means nothing to me... but to be honest, yes, there is a chance it could affect her job.

how much of her business is new, and how much is built up on years of knowing the clients, and having a good reputation etc. i doubt it will hurt existing client's opinions of her, but the fact is that new people can be quite conservative and judge her by her tattoos, and decide that this is not somethign they want around their kids etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Can't your friend be original with her tattoos?
    I mean getting your entire torso, back tattooed with full sleeves in a design from a TV show is pretty lame IMO.

ANyways, If she must..
    The tattoo artist who did the work of the show, is a guy called Tom Berg, he tattoos outta a place called so cal tattoo in LA.

Getting work that size will take a very long time and a shed loads of cash, you're talking in the thousands, and over a few years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If I was getting a tattoo based off a tv show... it'd be a tattoo I'd have to spend at least a year to make sure it was something I wanted...

Maybe I should get a tattoo of Wentworth Miller's face. Then he'd be with me always <3 *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Can't your friend be original with her tattoos?
    I mean getting your entire torso, back tattooed with full sleeves in a design from a TV show is pretty lame IMO.

ANyways, If she must..
    The tattoo artist who did the work of the show, is a guy called Tom Berg, he tattoos outta a place called so cal tattoo in LA.

Getting work that size will take a very long time and a shed loads of cash, you're talking in the thousands, and over a few years..

its in the style of prison break not the whole replica . as i said i think it would be well cool and she is not short of a bob either so dough will be no prob! she also has come up with her own design which kicks ass!

#Elites wrote:
    Full arm sleaves?

Yeah i'd say that would affect her job.

unfortunatly i agree with you but she seems to be admant .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Won't that cost more than a reputation though? Financially speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

WOW! do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hehe, for every time i come up with an idea where 99% of people disagree with... ill kinda agree ith them all till someone like you goes 'woo, deadly idea'... and i do it...

i love people like you!!!

:D

you or your friend or who ever wants the tattoo is missing the point.
    You don't walk into a tattoo studio and get a full body.. tattoos are suppose to be collected over time.. I'm not having a go.. just think that point is being miseed with this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

You don't walk into a tattoo studio and get a full body.. tattoos are suppose to be collected over time.. I'm not having a go.. just think that point is being miseed with this idea.

while i dont have a tatto yet id imagine the tattoo is meant tot be whatever the hell the person wants.

when i do get a tattoo i plan for it to cover most of my back.......thats what i want should i not get it jsut because i should be collecting small things over time that will eventually add up to something compeltely different to wat i actually want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I can see parents being put of by the idea of a tattoo'd person minding their child. I wouldn't myself but then again, Im not a parent :)

If she does get it done, just make sure she wears adequate covering when having to deal with any of the childrens parents.

Sound like a cool idea all the same :)

im sorry dude but there are no rules when it comes to tats . you can get one on your day of on a saturday , or on a beach in thia land, you can get one for you mother or one that worships the devil himself! there is no rule that specifys that they must be accumalated over time! its body art and its beauty is that its exclusively on you and cant be tampered with by anyone else but you. if she wants a full body cover or some flowers on her feet surely its her desicion
    thanks for your input but i think it is you who fails to see the point
    bf

bedlam wrote:
    I think you are referencing an old tattoo rule book. The relevant section you are looking for in the updated Rules For Tattooing (2003) is section 4, Subsection 12.5 paragraph C where it clearly states that a person can get a full body suit that is based on one design.
    very funny :D

I never stated any rule’s to tattooing, I’m simply making a point.
    Tattooing your entire body will change your appearance radically.. It’s not something to be taken lightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You make a good point, your first post just seemed a bit black and white in terms of reasoning.

Advertisement