Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i for single member company?

Options
  • 14-07-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi i plan on starting an online business so i will need to register a company.i cant become a sole trader as i will need to continue to work full time so i need to know can i form a single member company? because i thought u need 2 people as directors to form a company .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You can be a sole trader and be employed your tax credits will spread over both business.

Forming a company can be complicated, solicitors are needed and all other paper work can be confusing where as being a sole trader only needs a business name to be registered and away you go its also easyier dealing with banks to set up accounts.

You can still operate while being employed, and if your business is a success then become a company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

wait a minute,are saying i can still be employed in my current job and beome a sole trader?cause that would be ideal for me
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

j2u wrote:
    i cant become a sole trader as i will need to continue to work full time
    You can become a sole trader and remain in full time employment
    j2u wrote:
    so i need to know can i form a single member company? because i thought u need 2 people as directors to form a company .
    You need two directors to form a company.
    single member refers to the number of shareholders ie one

Advertisement