Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart still doing voice??

Options
  • 14-07-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I recently moved rented accomodation and as I had 3 months left on my smart contract I am still paying for it for the old house. I received a bill today and there was €25 of voice calls on it, obviously the people who moved in after us started using the phone. The only reason I didn't cancel it at the time was because I thought smart had stopped doing voice calls so I was just going to pay the last 3 months for the broadband and then cancel. Are smart still doing voice calls then??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rebellad wrote:
    I recently moved rented accomodation and as I had 3 months left on my smart contract I am still paying for it for the old house. I received a bill today and there was €25 of voice calls on it, obviously the people who moved in after us started using the phone. The only reason I didn't cancel it at the time was because I thought smart had stopped doing voice calls so I was just going to pay the last 3 months for the broadband and then cancel. Are smart still doing voice calls then??

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only as part of their LLU broadband. Not on its own. It's a form of VOIP (but not like Blueface).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If you were actually on Smart's own network (transferred via LLU with the imposed change of number) to get their BB, then they never stopped.

It's amazing the effect that eircom ads and ComReg's notifications at the time had - not one made the distinction.

But since you stayed with Smart at the old house, surely you'd looked into it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Liam Byrne wrote:
    If you were actually on Smart's own network (transferred via LLU with the imposed change of number) to get their BB, then they never stopped.

It's amazing the effect that eircom ads and ComReg's notifications at the time had - not one made the distinction.

But since you stayed with Smart at the old house, surely you'd looked into it ?

Only got Smart for broadband, never even plugged in the phone!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Best you get onto Smart ASAP, as next bill could be a lot more than €25 of calls!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mind you, 25 euro of calls on Smart would have cost you a lot more with Eircom.

Silver linings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

rebellad wrote:
    Only got Smart for broadband, never even plugged in the phone!!

If that's the case, then there would have been no phone in the house, and if the new residents physically plugged in a phone, they should know that they're liable for the costs.

Get on to them to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

totally correct on that one liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

watty wrote:
    Only as part of their LLU broadband. Not on its own. It's a form of VOIP (but not like Blueface).

It may be a form of VOIP at smart's end but the customer would never know as no special equipment is required.

Advertisement