Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80s action movies at Cineworld

Options
  • 14-07-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing through Cineworld's listings. They are showing the Terminator on Friday 20th at 12:50 and Rocky on Saturday 21st at 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00.
    They are also showing Scarface on Monday 23rd at 20:40
    Not sure how much tickets are but I doubt they' be full price.
    Is this some sort of action movie marathon or something?

All in Dublin BTW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Galvasean wrote:
    I was browsing through Cineworld's listings. They are showing the Terminator on Friday 20th at 12:50 and Rocky on Saturday 21st at 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00.
    They are also showing Scarface on Monday at 20:40
    Not sure how much tickets are but I doubt they' be full price.
    Is this some sort of action movie marathon or something?

All in Dublin BTW

I always wondered why Cinemas didnt do this more often. Surely loads of people would go ? Id be interested in seeing all of those mentioned in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Tusky wrote:
    I always wondered why Cinemas didnt do this more often. Surely loads of people would go ? Id be interested in seeing all of those mentioned in the cinema.
    See you there! Well depending on my roster for work Ill see as many as possible. Give me a shout (any boarders out there) if you're heading in.
    Might go see Transformers and Rocky in one day... sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yup, its a season of classic movies. They had BttF before => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106924

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Quinnsey

That’s odd. According to the old thread they weren’t planning to show the Terminator until November or Rocky until September. I wonder if it’s a mistake?

I hope there is more than one showing of the Terminator. 12:50 on a weekday is a difficult time for most people to attend.

I’d still like to know if they are 35mm screenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

The Back to the Future one was a 35mm print anyways. It was old and scratched to sh1t in places but it was still magic seeing it on the big screen. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Goddammit!! I hate living in county Roscommon, stupid shíthole dosen't even have a cinema!! I'd love to see all those movies on the ol' big screen, I'd see them a lot quicker than any other movie (bar the case of Die Hard 4 & the upcoming Transformers movie!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I reckon that with the demand put in for BTTF they have finally realised that loads of people would love to see these things again. Unfortunatly, they keep putting them on at bull**** times.

I guess it was a mistake after all. They're all gone from the schedules now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cine-man

When I saw this post I was excited, I've seen Top Gun and Back To The Future there recently. You gotta love the cheesy 80's movies.

Scarface is on this Monday, but I can't see any of the others for sale on their website.

I was told at the cinema last month that they will be screening one movie at the end of each month on a Monday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I was very disappointed about 'The Terminator' - I had a day booked off from work (coincidence) and was looking forward to seeing Arnie blaze his way through a police station. Alas, not to be (for awhile yet).

Great idea on Cineworld's part though - I wonder how successful the first run was? Judging by them upping the screen it's showing on, I imagine it must've done fairly well.

• Advertisement

Got my tickets for Scarface. I better see you all there (not that I know what any of you look like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'm seeing Scarface tomorrow. I saw Dirty Dancing when nit was re-released back on Valentine's Day and there's something very satisfying about going into a cinema and knowing that the film's going to be great.

ixoy wrote:
    Great idea on Cineworld's part though - I wonder how successful the first run was? Judging by them upping the screen it's showing on, I imagine it must've done fairly well.

I hate the idea, it pisses me off to no end.
    Those of us with unlimited cards can't ge tickets to these things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I hate the idea, it pisses me off to no end.
    Those of us with unlimited cards can't ge tickets to these things.
    What? What do you mean we can't get tickets? As in we can't book in advance or can't even get them on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

ixoy wrote:
    What? What do you mean we can't get tickets? As in we can't book in advance or can't even get them on the day?

i would say it is more about the fact that you cannot advance book tickets using the unlimited card at cineworld (grumble grumble) and if you wait til the day of the screening, either all the tickets are gone or you get a bad seat placement (more grumble grumble)

other than that little annoyance, i quite like the card.

irishash wrote:
    i would say it is more about the fact that you cannot advance book tickets using the unlimited card at cineworld (grumble grumble) and if you wait til the day of the screening, either all the tickets are gone or you get a bad seat placement (more grumble grumble)

other than that little annoyance, i quite like the card.

Nail on the head.
    I had to miss Back to the Future & the Transformers previews for this reason. I couldn't let myself miss Die Hard so I just swallowed it down and put tickets on the credit card.
    I'm not even going to bother with Scarface tonight.

Nail on the head.
    I had to miss Back to the Future & the Transformers previews for this reason. I couldn't let myself miss Die Hard so I just swallowed it down and put tickets on the credit card.
    I'm not even going to bother with Scarface tonight.

tell you what dude, i am going to the cinema in the next 10 mins. if there are tickets left for scarface, i will buy one. I am not going to go myself, but at least you can go to the cinema this evening, pick it up off me and show the ticket and the card to get in.

and if the above still does not want it, if you have an unlimited card and wantsto see it but cannot get in now to purchase it, i will give it to the first person that wants it after. i will post again after 1pm to advise if i even got one.

EDIT - back from the cinema, and i got a ticket. about 1/3 of the screening still available, but this will go really quick this evening i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hmm, no mention of blues brothers? when we went to the serenity screening in Cineworld there was mention of them showing the orginal blue brothers movie, ive been dying to see that on the big screen since i was a kid

irishash wrote:
    tell you what dude, i am going to the cinema in the next 10 mins. if there are tickets left for scarface, i will buy one. I am not going to go myself, but at least you can go to the cinema this evening, pick it up off me and show the ticket and the card to get in.

and if the above still does not want it, if you have an unlimited card and wantsto see it but cannot get in now to purchase it, i will give it to the first person that wants it after. i will post again after 1pm to advise if i even got one.

EDIT - back from the cinema, and i got a ticket. about 1/3 of the screening still available, but this will go really quick this evening i think.

Haha, no way. That's really sound of you, but I've already gone and made other plans.
    Thanks a million though.

Haha, no way. That's really sound of you, but I've already gone and made other plans.
    Thanks a million though.

no probs - I basically live and work 5 mins away from the cinema, so it is very easy to get there to hand it off ya see.

anyway anyone who wants the ticket, PM me and you can have it (must have unlimited card unless they want to risk it)

• Advertisement

It's a brilliant idea but unfotunatly they have been clamping down on the unlimited card checks as of late.

Last night I was trying to see transformers with my friend and we arrived at the cinema at 20.00, the 20.40 show was already sold out. We asked for tickets for the 21.20 show but we were told there was only one seat left. The next show wasn't untill 22.00 and even though we knew we weren't going to wait that long, we were so disgruntled that we contemplated getting tickets anyway.
    I'm glad I didn't do it as I could not have forgiven myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

User45701 wrote:
    hmm, no mention of blues brothers? when we went to the serenity screening in Cineworld there was mention of them showing the orginal blue brothers movie, ive been dying to see that on the big screen since i was a kid
    No way! I would kill to see Blues Brothers on the big screen. Anyone have any more info about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Id say that movie would fill screan 17 if it was orginised properly.
    There would still be prints of that around right?

Okay, who was the wise guy taht was talking on his phone at Scarface yesterday? Who was throwing the popcorn? And who pushed the emergency stop button on the moving stairs!! :mad:

Galvasean wrote:
    Okay, who was the wise guy taht was talking on his phone at Scarface yesterday? Who was throwing the popcorn? And who pushed the emergency stop button on the moving stairs!! :mad:

man, all that happened at the one screening for you ? I am glad i could not go and gave the ticket away now otherwise there would now be 2 lumpy bits of carpet on the way out of the scr............i've said too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

There was another non-popcorn throwing phone-talker in front of me too. And the forty-five-year-old guy beside me kept laughing loudly at the smallest charachter jokes.

Something I always forget about Cineworld is that no matter what about 10% of the audience will be rectal exits.

I noticed the sound of cans being opened quite frequently during that movie. I doubt its a coincidence.

Ok...so what's enxt month's classic movie?

And put it on Friday or the weekend for fecks sake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement