Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using crappy teams...

Options
  • 14-07-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I once used Vauxhall in the default editor mode and I got passed the conference North/South league comfortably and could barely win a game in the conference league. Its virtually impossible to buy players cause you have to remember the standard of players you're looking for and how much you should be spending(thats if your given enough money). Its a great challenge but ****ing annoying too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

To me, this is the real enjoyment of FM. Currently managing UCD after promotion to the Premier Division. I have no transfer funds as they are trying to clear a debt so I have to scan everywhere for decent freebie players. Difficult but more enjoyable than being with a big club with millions imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

The best part is definitely when from your success with the small club you get offered a big job. Regardless of whether you accept it or not you just know you've done well. In my game at the moment I started off as Spurs. Didn't like it and the players didn't take well to a rookie manager after a few defeats. Quit and got the job at Walsall. Took them to League One after 2 seasons. Got the Nigeria international job at this point. Then 3 seasons later had them top being unbeaten in the first 14 games. Got the West Ham job offer and after seeing they were bottom of the championship decided it was a nice challenge even if I do hate the club.

Advertisement