Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old are you gamers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

18. First game was Kirby's Dreamland on my Gameboy when I was 4, though it was years before I completed the game. In my defense, I was very small and it had no save function, I did complete a lot of games that did.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

19. It all began with Sonic and my cousin's MegaDrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

22, started on an original IBM PC, back when they were still worth a fortune :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

17 :)

PC --> Mega Drive --> PS1 --> PS2 --> PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

conzymaher wrote:
    17 :)

PC --> Mega Drive --> PS1 --> PS2 --> PC

Ahhhhh I remember the mega drive! It kept me busy in my teens.

It's Delatum here o/

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

24. Started playing games on the old Commodore 16.

Don't really play anything other than FM and the odd HL2 mod these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fekin hell i thought i'd be the oldest here by a mile!
    I defo think gaming is moving with the ages, not many 40+ gamers around but in 10 years time there defo will be and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Started with my friends Commodore Amiga, playing Midnight resistance, Pang and other such favourites

Then I picked up a Amstrad GX4000 at a car boot sale with a few games.

Then I got an Atari Lynx, followed a few years later by a Megadrive, with a few LANs at a friends house playing Worms and Decent, then a PS1. Since then i've been a devout PC gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Dev 17

20 years old. Started off with a NES and Command and Conquer on the family PC, and followed the Nintendo/ PC path till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

23, C64, Mega Drive and so on...

I'm such a conformist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

30 (only look 27 though)

Started on an old atari, then an amstrad cpc464 the nes and so on and so on.

Getting old has never been a fear to me, i have always thought 'when im 70 ill be able to plug my self into a computer' and thats what i plan to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

24. Started playing on the NES.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Started with an Acorn Electron, played a lot of C64 but never had one. Next computer was an IBM PS2 (386), first Pentium was a Pentium II MMX (350mhz). In between the 386 and Pentium I got a SNES. Never had a NES but most of my friends did so I played it a lot. Played a bit of Megadrive and Master System II but was never a big Sega fan. Had a Gameboy too.

The SNES was my only console for a long time, was happy with PC gaming. Eventually got a PS2 followed by a Gamecube, along with a GBA SP and DS Lite. Have an Xbox 360 now too as well as a fairly decent gaming PC.

Bar the Electron everything is still in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Been playing for as long as I can remember. I won a Megadrive and SNES when I was 5 and 6 respectively. Who was I to resist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Atari 2600
    Commodore Amiga [still the best]
    Nintendo 64
    PC/PS1
    PC/PS2
    PS3 (soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

26, first game i played was more than likly a projector thing I got for christmas one year with 3 games. Basically just rubbish lcd games but displayed using a projector at the time it was amazing dispite needing a really dark room just to see anything. Moved onto c64 and havnt really stopped since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Old enough to remember playing prince of persia on a 5 1/2" floppy disc :D

(27)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am the wrong side of 30 do going for 30-35 I really do believe that I will still be playing in 10 years.

Some freeking weird yoke first with space invaders couldnt call a console
    Amstrad 128 (floppy disc version)
    MasterSystem
    Mega Drive
    NIN 64
    PS2
    XBOX360

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

35. Started with a Vic-20 in the 80's, moved on to a C-64, Atari ST then and finally PC's.

Half way to 70. That's the scary thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just turning 37. Started with a neighbours ZX Spectrum 16K version circa 1982 which prompted me to get a Vic-20 (couldn't afford the C64 at the time). Yes been there with those bloody code listings from the magazines, peek this, poke that!
    Then on to C64, Atari ST, first PC (386SX @ 33MHz with 16MB RAM), and on to many PC upgrades after that. Got my first 3D accelerator in 1996 (not a Voodoo, some other yoke) - where will it all end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

34 i had one of those Pong consoles and then moved onto Spectrums, Amigas and finally Pcs with some Playstations in there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

36 and the first games console I had was the BBC Grandstand machine. Had about 10 games on it which all involved moving pads up and down a screen. Revolutionary. I remember Asteroids hitting these shores ffs.

A mate had the Atari so I hated him because he rarely let us play it. Could only watch him play. I think thats where my distaste for consoles began. It's always about traumatic experiences during childhood.

Went from there to the speccy, the golden age of games development when programmers had to make better more impressive games with the same
    spec and did. I remember my favorite game was Starquake. Possibly one of my all time favs. closely followed by Chukie Egg.

Then it was on to the 286 and Wing Commander, Monkey Island etc. Then along came a game called Doom and the long unending cycle of upgrading my PC every year to play the latest ShootFest on max settings began. Once I discovered the PC there was no looking back. I spit on consoles now when I see them. They hiss at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

18... 19 next friday woo :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 roryok

I'm 30, been playing for as long as i can remember. Got a vic 20 when i was 5, ah the days of playing Gorf with a one button joypad. At least it was a cart so no waiting times (damn you frogger!)
    Been going ever since. i remember my mother going nuts when i was 18 and i paid £500 for a saturn very soon after they were released. She thought it was a kids thing that i'd grow out of.
    jumpt forward another 12 years and my wife is very understanding (we moved house so i could have a games room).
    under the telly looks very cluttered these days with a PS1, PS2, Master system, megadrive, saturn, dreamcast, n64, gamecube, xbox and 360 all fighting for space (never mind the handhelds and the PC in the corner!!).
    i spend more on games these days than ever, but time is harder and harder to find. God knows what would happen if we had kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

Advertisement