Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista - micro SD problem

• 14-07-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with my new Micro SD USB 2.0. I recently purchased an R4 for my Nintendo DS and with it came a Micro SD USB 2.0 stick to place my Scandisk 2GB Micro SD in. When I insert the Micro SD USB into my USB ports (I tried all of them) a balloon pops up and says "USB Reader". After that the "Found New Hardware Wizard" prompts me and says that it needs to be installed. I tried going along with it (looks through Windows updates) but finds nothing and then a new balloon pops up saying Hardware installation error. My question is, how can I get it so that my computer can read my Micro SD USB 2.0 and do I need to download anything to get it to work? (No installation CD came with it so I figured it was not required to function) My OS is Windows Vista

Any suggestions? Tried looking on scandisk site but it's useless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I am fairly sure there was an update to Vista that fixed something to do with USB SD slots.. you might want to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

What make is the SDCard reader do you have a link to the place you bought it from ?

Try plugging in the reader without any SDCard in it.

I have a Crucial one and it works just fine, miniSD, microSD, SDCard, SDHC cards all work in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

thanks for replies - it actually works fine with my mother's XP laptop so must be a vista issue, will look for an update - thanks again!

Advertisement