Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cv Joints been changed on a 93 Starlet

Options
  • 14-07-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have a problem at the moment,I am changing the rubber around the cv joints in my 1993 toyota starlet,I have to take of the cv Joint to get a new rubber i am as far as talking off the cv joint intself but could anybody plz tell me how it comes of,Is there a clip that has to come of or what. Help me plz cause this car ain't goin anywhere:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You can get a tool (not very expensive), that lets you stretch the CV rubber boot around the CV joint, which means you don't have to take off the CV joint. Well worth buying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Bummer wrote:
    I have a problem at the moment,I am changing the rubber around the cv joints in my 1993 toyota starlet,I have to take of the cv Joint to get a new rubber i am as far as talking off the cv joint intself but could anybody plz tell me how it comes of,Is there a clip that has to come of or what. Help me plz cause this car ain't goin anywhere:mad: :mad:

If you're half way through the job, you may as well keep going and forget the advice about the tool! Have you dropped the track rod arm and have you taken suspension ball joint from the the suspension strut??? You also need to remove the hub nut. When you've done this, the wheel hub should slide off the splines on the drive shaft and you should be able to take off your CV joint. You'll probably need to roll up the sleeves and take a hammer to the hub as it will likely be tight. You can hammer the half shaft out of the hub but be careful not to damage the thread on the drive shaft, use a punch or something similar if its available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Thanks for everyone who suggested ideas,I got it of in the end,What i done was,Took the other end of the shaft out of the gear box and hammered (very tight)it out with a blunt chisel....Thanks a mill once again for your suggestions.

Advertisement