Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus

Options
  • 14-07-2007 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Planning to replace current motor and fancy a Lexus this time. Looking at IS 220d or IS 250.

Any driver feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Lexus are about as reliable as anything out there, so just drive the cars and see if you like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Test drove the IS220d last year - very very comfortable - nice sat nav and audio system. I did find very little room in the back seats and the boot was quite smalll tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

The IS220d is manual only the automatic option only comes with the IS250. The diesel engine the the IS220d is course almost bordering on the agricultural, not as refined as the engine in the 320d. This feeds into the cabin where the rear view mirror vibrates. Earlier models suffered from a rattle in the dash board, this is likely to be corrected in brand new models. IS220d owners have complained about fuel economy coming now where new official figures. Service interval isn't that flexible at every 16kms / 10k miles compared to BMW and Audi which have condition and longlife services repsectively. Road tax is steep at over E700 however the Dec budget could change this. Now for the positives basic model very well spec'd, dealer service is excellent and they're not as common as 3-series and the IS220 has 177bhp. I'm in the same position as you looking at IS220d for Jan'08 and beginning to do some research, check out the following, I've found it very useful.

www.lexusownersclub.co.uk

Oh I rambled into my local Lexus dealer just to get a brochure and asked about ordering and was told it was 21 weeks :eek: So if don't want take whats in the showroom in Jan'08 you'll need to place your order farly soon. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

The door mirrors are two big and makes the car look a bit like Nelly the elephant. Other than that I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

maidhc wrote:
    The door mirrors are two big and makes the car look a bit like Nelly the elephant. Other than that I like it!

They are designed that way to offset a terrible rear blind spot which alot of cars seem to suffer from these days..

IS250 is the one to have imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on how much you have to spend, and who's paying for it. I'd have the IS220D Sport if it was my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

oilsheik wrote:
    The IS220d is manual only the automatic option only comes with the IS250. The diesel engine the the IS220d is course almost bordering on the agricultural, not as refined as the engine in the 320d. This feeds into the cabin where the rear view mirror vibrates. Earlier models suffered from a rattle in the dash board, this is likely to be corrected in brand new models. IS220d owners have complained about fuel economy coming now where new official figures. Service interval isn't that flexible at every 16kms / 10k miles compared to BMW and Audi which have condition and longlife services repsectively. Road tax is steep at over E700 however the Dec budget could change this. Now for the positives basic model very well spec'd, dealer service is excellent and they're not as common as 3-series and the IS220 has 177bhp. I'm in the same position as you looking at IS220d for Jan'08 and beginning to do some research, check out the following, I've found it very useful.

www.lexusownersclub.co.uk

Oh I rambled into my local Lexus dealer just to get a brochure and asked about ordering and was told it was 21 weeks :eek: So if don't want take whats in the showroom in Jan'08 you'll need to place your order farly soon. Hope this helps.

many thanks for the feedback, did suspect that the 220d might be underpowered/noisy, instinct is to opt for the IS250 + sports spec. Agree not as common as 3 seies which is a more common, nice but smallish car. Was told by Dublin dealer vallow at least 16 weeks, great business to be in, so I've resigned myself to a '08 reg date.

i'll take a look at the link and again thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement