Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

letter from 3 debt collectors

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

legs11 wrote:
    I was onto 3 about this today and they are sending a new sim card (via courier i presume).

**cups hands to face and shakes head**

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

So from my understanding of things, legs11 downloaded 3800 MB or thereabouts, e.g. he went over by 800 MB. That was charged at €0.49 per megabyte, and as a result he got a bill for €400.

He had monitored his usage, but it wasn't updating, which he didn't know. To anyone who says he should have known he had gone over by 800 MB, I work in IT, and I honestly couldn't tell you whether I used 3000 or 3800 MB of data without using a monitoring tool. Sure, I'd know the general region, but not down to a few hundred megabytes...

3 said they'd refund it and he would not have to pay. Instead, the bill mysteriously rose to €1500, and now they've sold the debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

you nailed it there urban.

thats pretty much exactly what happened.

want to join me in court.........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,485 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do I have this right?

3,000MB = €39.99 = €0.0133/MB
    1MB extra = €0.49 = €0.4900/MB that is 37 times greater.

I'd be talking to the National Consumer Agency about unfair terms in a contract.

legs11, I think you need to be proactive in solving this and not just ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A solicitor's advice is really the only option and well worth the few quid. If I were in this position though I'd refuse to pay it although I'd be concerned about getting blacklisted in the credit bureau. However any entry with that can be challenged.

Get a solicitor to write a letter to the debt collectors refusing to pay on the grounds stated.

• Advertisement

"mysteriously"

I think that's the key word in all this..

I understand where you're coming from with this legs - but surely there's an itemised bill detailing how it jumped from a written off €400 to an outstanding amount of ~€1600..

I think the question cula has been raising needs to be answered - and obviously seeing as it's come to the stage that the debt collectors are on the scene, and that you've posted about it extensively on a public forum, there's no way you're going to admit to that fact that you may or may not have incurred the charges - I wish you the best of luck..

And if there is a day out - make sure you let us all know in advance.. :D

I got my bill here,

march bill is for 39.99 but mentions 475.632 euro outside allowance.

onto april. and its 1,516.86 cent. there is no mention where this figure comes from, it says on this bill
    ' adjustment for other charging error- 1,639.300'

what ever that means......

so, where is a good meeting point for a piss up.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

legs11 wrote:
    I got my bill here,

march bill is for 39.99 but mentions 475.632 euro outside allowance.

onto april. and its 1,516.86 cent. there is no mention where this figure comes from, it says on this bill
    ' adjustment for other charging error- 1,639.300'

what ever that means......

so, where is a good meeting point for a piss up.....:p

Jesus LEGS, I'm on your side but is there any chance, just ANY chance that you could take five minutes and write a post in ENGLISH, please, just once in the British Queen's English?

Just stop, write it, reflect, go back over it, use capitals, punctuations and WORDS and let us know what the HELL you're on about. A gin and tonic, an orange juice and a SCOTCH and WATER PLEASE!

Then we'll all join you at a venue of your choosing!

So from my understanding of things, legs11 downloaded 3800 MB or thereabouts, e.g. he went over by 800 MB. That was charged at €0.49 per megabyte, and as a result he got a bill for €400.

He had monitored his usage, but it wasn't updating, which he didn't know. To anyone who says he should have known he had gone over by 800 MB, I work in IT, and I honestly couldn't tell you whether I used 3000 or 3800 MB of data without using a monitoring tool. Sure, I'd know the general region, but not down to a few hundred megabytes...

But I could if I had downloaded several TV programmes (= files) at several hundred megabytes each. I could easily work it out and I could work in coalmining, it wouldn't make the slightest difference.

If I had a credit card with a ceiling of 3K and I spend 4K I know that I'm going to incur penalties, end of. if I spend 1k extra and am fully cognisant of so doing, then I know the bill is going to have to be met somewhere.

I have asked this simple question of legs1.6k over and over again and it is a question that he simply refuses to answer.

However, he says that 3 agreed to waive the bill; why is this not now the case? In the immortal words of Fleet Street, I think we should be told.

I am just answering Irish Wolfs query, re: how my bill magically jumped from 400odd euroto nearly 2000e.

maybe I worry too much, Im going to my harvard educated lawyer today to write a nasty letter to 3.

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    Im going to my harvard educated lawyer today to write a nasty letter to 3.

You might want to make sure they're well versed in contract law this side of the pond... and seeing as the debt has been passed on - it might be better addressing that letter to the collectors..

looks at my 3 bill - seems like it's itemised to me..

legs11 wrote:
    I am just answering Irish Wolfs query, re: how my bill magically jumped from 400odd euroto nearly 2000e.

maybe I worry too much, Im going to my harvard educated lawyer today to write a nasty letter to 3.

Harvard?

Irish Wolf wrote:
    **cups hands to face and shakes head**

:eek:

Brother, I feel your pain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

legs11 wrote:

I've been reading over your posts and to be honest, either your clueless about how to deal with such a situation ("Im going to my harvard educated lawyer today") or your trolling.

Personally I believe your clueless regarding the whole thing,

Lets list to show your clueless:
    - 2000 phone calls to Three's Customer service (you don't think that number is made up?)
    - You've taken no logical advise from anyone in any of the threads (checking with comreg etc)
    - You've obviously done the "how not to write a letter" writing course
    - You keep starting new threads about the same subject, stick to one thread as people have been trying to help you here and your only pissing them off
    - I've dealt with people like you, you like to blame everybody else for a problem your created (in this case, over use of the service that created a big bill), take some responsibility!

At the end of the day you owe money, if you don't pay it or deal with this matter in the correct way it may affect your credit rating in the long term if it goes to court (this can affect you getting loans, mortgages etc), this is real life now, its not some kids game

Have abit of cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

legs11 wrote:

Can someone please ban me from this thread. Car crash TV.

I am going to go to McDonnalds and get my Trinity educated waiter to serve me a McBreakfast.

randomer wrote:
    Can someone please ban me from this thread. Car crash TV.

I am going to go to McDonnalds and get my Trinity educated waiter to serve me a McBreakfast.

Would that all my days could start this way: ROFLMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I honestly believe Legs11 is some form of a troll.

I can't understand how someone can get something so consistently wrong and not appear particularly concerned as to what is going to happen. Someone who doesn't appear to take any advice offered yet constantly update what is happening.

And then to persist with writing in the worst English, despite repeated calls to at least try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this is going no where
    i'm going to close this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement