Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GPS Software for N70

• 14-07-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've received my GPS receiver and I'm waiting on my 2GB MMC card.
    Is any one else here using the N70 for GPS?

What software are you using? TomTom etc?
    I'm looking for a trial version of either tomtom or route 66 so I can make up my mind about it.

I'd appreciate if somebody out there could PM me as I'm sure we all know where the trial versions can be found and we don't want to breach the forum rules ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've used Route 66 and I found it to be great on my N70. It's 60euro from 66.com, and I believe it comes on/with the/a memory card already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Just forked out for a 2 gig card :(

A 256 one probably would have done you :)

Feckin' typical. Ah still, a bit of overkill is the manly way :)
    How come there's such a difference between TomTom prices and Route 66?
    Is the TomTom far superior or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Could someone please spell out in simple terms what I would have to buy ie hardware / software to let my use my N70 and 2gb card as a GPS device. Also any links to where the stuff can be bought would be great. Thanks.

• Advertisement

You need a GPS Bluetooth Receiver, like so
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/12398.htm

And the software such as TomTom, Route 66.
    I'm holding back on dishing out for that because different people will vouch for different software. I want to check them out before making a decision.

I don't know the difference. I went for Route 66 because they had better map coverage at the time. I had no issues with it at all, and I'm using Route66 with my Airis stand-alone GPS unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into that. Just have to find out who has the best maps for France, TomTom I suspect as their normal GPS units are very popular here. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I wonder have the maps been updated in the last 8 months or so? I have an n70 with Route 66 mobile onboard but it could definitely do with the maps being sharpened up a bit.

Advertisement