Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sligo Trains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Pity, 3g would be handy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The new trains have not started in Sligo yet according to todays champion and will be "rolled out" in the next couple of weeks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

According to the weekender they will be here at the end of September. There were some other things mentioned about them like the ability to reserve seats online and they will have power sockets at every table (very handy for those of us with a laptop).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

On the whole internet thing. An article here mentions a project that used satellite to provide internet access (why I didn't think of satellite at the time is beyond me). The problem with satellite is that it is very expensive and is pretty shíte. I'd say a roll out of wi-max in the next few years is more likely than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

get the train every couple of months, if going to dublin for day or to airport, with the new cariages, as they are advertised as intercity style, does that mean as intercity style service, ie, not all trains will stop at all stations,

have heard that all tables have power points, handy for your latop, DVD player etc,

as for 3g or wifi along the route, i know with the 3 modem youll only get service in 3 g areas, o2 drops to GPRS where the HSDPA/3g is not available, not sure bout vodafone, although there is certain points along the route where there isn't even GPRS

• Advertisement

The boss comes up from Dublin a good bit on the train.
    He's using the o2 BB and reckons its quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sligotrue

any updates on when new trains due to start or is it constantly being put off like the shopping centre.;)

havent used the train in yonks as boycotted them and learned to drive instead even though i am a very environmentally aware person and think cars are bad. only a small car mind.

however cant be very environmentally aware transport wise in ireland can we with towns and cities all over the place :confused:

I'll be headin to Dublin on Saturday evening so i'll let ye know...

When I come back from my Sun Holiday! WOHOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Gillie wrote:
    I'll be headin to Dublin on Saturday evening so i'll let ye know...

When I come back from my Sun Holiday! WOHOO!

Isn't it well for some?! :) Where are you headed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Madge wrote:
    Where are you headed for?
    Dublin :D

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Dublin :D
    I only go to dublin as a means of getting somewhere else!:)

Santa Ponsa!
    Can't wait now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Santa Ponso :eek: - aren't you getting a tad old for that? :D

Yep.
    Almost 29. Married with one child. Going on my first "Lads" holiday.
    Cheap and Cheerful!

(I have my wife's blessing of course!)

Gillie wrote:
    (I have my wife's blessing of course!)

*Makes cracking whip sound*

:D Enjoy your holiday Gillie.

*Makes cracking whip sound*
    She's not into any of that S&M stuff!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Gillie wrote:
    She's not into any of that S&M stuff!:eek:

yeah;)

yeah;)

Don't make me bring the Pain Train!;)

Came from Dublin this afternoon, And it was the Arrow service. :(

is that the old orange one, actully prefer them to the new comuter ones

irish-stew wrote:
    is that the old orange one, actully prefer them to the new comuter ones

No not the old orange one, the commuter train that they have been running for the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The trains still aren't in use - when is the due date??

The trains still aren't in use - when is the due date??

It's supposed to be the end of this month.

thought i'd goggle sligo train station to find out on these new train dates, and acordinding to Wikipedia, Sligo Mac Diarmada Station is the main one in the town.

is there another station in the town i dont know about

:confused:

I'm headin to Dublin tomorrow on the train and I'm just wondering does any one know if the new trains are in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

irish-stew wrote:
    thought i'd goggle sligo train station to find out on these new train dates, and acordinding to Wikipedia, Sligo Mac Diarmada Station is the main one in the town.

is there another station in the town i dont know about

:confused:

No! except you're a bag of coal on your way to the docks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I'm headin to Dublin tomorrow on the train and I'm just wondering does any one know if the new trains are in yet?

Nope there werent any new trains on Monday anyway. Still as cold and as bumpy a ride as always. But you are probably aware of that now. No doubt you're on the train.:D
    Ps keep an eye out for a questionnaire they were doing about the service. What service? :eek:

tuppence wrote:
    Nope there werent any new trains on Monday anyway. Still as cold and as bumpy a ride as always. But you are probably aware of that now. No doubt you're on the train.:D
    Ps keep an eye out for a questionnaire they were doing about the service. What service? :eek:

Actuallt I'm not, I didn't bother heading in the end.

According to the Sligo post the new trains are weeks away and it will be closer to christmas when we see them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

According to the Sligo post the new trains are weeks away and it will be closer to christmas when we see them. :(

Typical eh

• Advertisement

resurecting an old thread, any idea on the new trains yet, will probably head down to dublin one day for the xmas shopping, will probably try to avoid the cluchie day :D and would like to have an idea what kind of comfort i'm going to have first

Advertisement