Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband able to work with XBOX Live?

Options
  • 14-07-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Is it? And if it is, how do you set it up?

Thanks,
    Dean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Get it with the Huawei E630 data card. Get the Linksys 3G router. Pop the card in the router.

Voila!

Disclaimer: typical real world latency is 100-200 milliseconds. Not ideal for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I have the USB data card, won't it work with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no
    You need ethernet.

So only puting the Xbox in the DMZ of a external router works. There IS an ethernet router that works with a USB 3G dongle.

It may not work anyway on 3 due to how they proxy lots of IPs to one UK IP.

Real world latency is 110ms to 350ms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Ah, thats a shame. Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah, latency would be way too high for XBox Live gaming.

I use Xbox Live on IBB and it has problems sometimes when pings go over 150ms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisJefferies

Slightly off topic but I've got my Wii online using the following setup...

I bought a wireless router and plugged it into my PC via a lan cable.

I plug the 3G modem into the PC and setup the connection in windows to allow other devices to pass traffic through the connection.

I then setup the Wii to connect wirelessly to my router (adding the wep key etc)

It works for Wii updates, news and weather but for some reason I can't get onto the Wii store. Might be due to the 3G modem not having that great a connection...

As mentioned above latency would probably be a big issue but hey it's fun to build and tinker with :D

Advertisement