Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using the N80 on 3

• 14-07-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey guys..just wondering if there is anybody who is successfully using a three sim card in a Nokia N80??

Ive rooted out some of the mms and web settings over the net but no joy....i can imagine that they should be similar if not the same for the n73??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chinbags

Hey agin, just a quick follow up to say that Ive got text and mms working ok now I think.....but when i set the web settings I cant load the homepage??

I keep getting " Web no gateway reply".....then i was asked to purchase for the use of the web which I did but I cant get planet 3 but just the basic services offered??

I dont understand why they cant intgerate this phone onto its network esp when they do it in the uk....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

this worked for me before.. install opera mini, navigate to any webpage. close it and then open S60 wap browser. navigate to 3 homepage. it should be there.
    if not switch off phone and switch it back on again.

Thanks for that quintron,

I installed opera but found it wouldnt load any pages....so i tried nokias and found it wouldnt either! so im gone from some connection to none...nice!

I have to toggle the connection settings again...can i ask if you bothered entering any settings under settings - connection - packet data....or do you leave that blank, ive noticed no one mention this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Are you bill or prepay? No gateway could be an issue on 3's end in any case especially if both browsers don't load anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i use n80 with three. three used to sell the n80. works fine, but i changed mine into the n80ie. i have gotten the no gateway thing before though

• Advertisement

OK,

Found out that half the problem was an age restriction 3 had in place and I had to verify my age in a shop with i.d??....even after being in there twice??? (Im 24 not 14)
    Other parts was the fact my sim came from a v3x.....default settings etc

My age "verification", the fact I wasnt entertained at all on the phone because I had an N80 and no free webtexts made me leave them after a couple of days and back to O2.
    Since all my configurations and updates etc Ive noticed with the new n80 firmware that my web browser isnt in mouse mode anymore but scroll only.....when i opened opera it the same....can this be changed back? Ive went through setting and couldnt find anything??

sorry figured out the web..was using services instead of web

Advertisement