Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep-Fried / Battered Mars Bars...

• 14-07-2007 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I must admit I was hugely sceptical of these...

But having tried one I can safely say they are fantastic!!! :D

Not something you would eat on a regular occasion due to risk of potential heart failure.

Anybody else tried them (or some variation)??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

no, but I must do sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Where can you get them? i've looked in a few places and can't find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I really want to try one , but have never seen, them and Always forget to ask in chippers :( .

Lennox's on Tory Top road in Cork do them. But that particular Lennox's is a hole and I wouldn't eat anything from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Aca Poco on George's Street sell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Dunno any take-aways in Dublin that do them, but the Bull and Castle gastropub up beside Christchurch offer them on their dessert menu.

Otherwise - go to Scotland ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm sure if you took a mars bar into your local chipper and asked them to batter it they would accomodate

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

The one I tried was in Fusciardi's take-away on Capel St. They had a little sign in the window advertising it so I couldnt resist.

They're lovely!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

one of the take-aways beside croke park do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The take away in Dalkey village do them now. Haven't tried them yet but I will one drunken night! I always used to get them in the Seashell off Pearse Street when I was in college. Yum!! A heart attack in each bite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

battered mars bars, the very nectar of the gods, there is a place off pearse st on townsend st i think called the seashell that does them and allsorted deepfried chocolate bars

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

battered mars bars, the very nectar of the gods

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I tried one in seashells aswell... amazing!!
    Really amplifies the flavour of the mars bar, and its pretty much liquid being held together by the cooling batter... very messy job!

Advertisement