Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stone throwers near cappagh.

Options
  • 14-07-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I was driving from finglas to Blanch tonight via the cappagh hospital and just passing the bridge with the 'reservation' below and noticed a load of stones on the road. "better be carfull' had just popped into my head when bang, a rock the size of an orange smacked against the wing.Left an expensive looking dent and marks too. I didn't stop,obviously,but went into blanch station and stood around in the que,listening to some nice french bird in tears because someone had just done the same to her. The madam behind the counter wasn't interested and waddled off to the back room saying she'd send someone out. I didn't wait around. So if your passing that way, or should I say,don't pass that way,because the local's, who live in caravans,etc,don't like anyone passing their domain. TBH, if I was a guard I wouldn't want to go down there looking for the culprit, so maybe foolishly I'll just put it down to expierence and leave it with this rant. Am I stupid, what would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Drive on, and gtfo of there. If you stopped, nothing would be gained but more damage to your car, and your ego.

Little fúckers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's a common occurance there unfortunately - buses regularly get windows smashed as they pass :(

Watch out for tyres on the road too. I was driving in the same direction you were one night and they had them just on the crest of the hill where you wouldn't spot them until it's too late! :mad: Lucky for me an oncoming car started flashing his lights like mad though! (fair play to him)

Not surprised at the reaction of the Gardai though. I reported it too and they had no more interest then either. God forbid they'd have to actually DO something! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Someone will get killed there one day,Joe duffy and every other pundit will be up in arms, blaming everyone but the scum who are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Definitely report it. Phone if you don't want to queue. Then get on to your TD and ask him to follow it up. A bit of hassle to do this I know, but it might save someone getting killed.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just call trafficwatch if you notice something like this. They are not connected to the area (in Sligo IIRC), and will inform a unit to investigate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Trafficwatch is located in Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fair enough - its still separate from the OPs areas

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maybe it had something to do with your choice of vehicle? I use the trick of having a car thats so bad, if a stone hurled at it landed in the backseat, it would double the value. I always come out a winner!

I also have a plane.
    And two supermodels.
    They have nice cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Come on now dubtom, you can't be talking about tinkers like that, it's racist afterall. Sure what have they ever done to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thrown a rock at his car causing damage maybe? :D
    Could have even caused him to crash or worse, swerve into an oncoming car!

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Come on now dubtom, you can't be talking about tinkers like that, it's racist afterall. Sure what have they ever done to you?

Racist?if I had generlised and called them knacker bastards, unlawfull scum who respect no one or nothing,who leave in their wake every kind of filth imaginable (and don't get fined) and finish by saying that i'd never met one who had not been arrested, then I think my comments could be called racist, but no,I didn't make any racist comments.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

i think he was being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I know the exact spot your on about, was passing there last year on my m.bike when the clever bastards pulled a rope across the road, could of decapitated me, i stopped just in time and they dropped the rope to start huring rocks at me, and yes i took off like a missile, someone will get killed over that ****e and still they WILL get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I suppose it's just a symptom of a much bigger problem that people don't want to/can't deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Oh God, I'm going to be crucified here...
    I remember back in secondary school in Galway, the lads on the break in study would hop the wall, and mess with the cars on the road. They'd bend down, and pretend to string a rope across the road when they saw cars coming. The car would slow down, and a load of boarders ( boarding school) would launch a volley of any kind of litter they had handy at the car. One silly fcuker threw a rock, and during the second half of study, a couple of cops came in to talk to us about, for some reason, drugs and their dangers?

But I can safely say I wasn't partaking i nthis activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

kbannon wrote:
    Just call trafficwatch if you notice something like this. They are not connected to the area (in Sligo IIRC), and will inform a unit to investigate.

I can picture the guards knocking on the caravan doors -

Guard -"Did you throw stones at passing cars?"
    Traveller - "No Boss, twasn't me boss, i swear on my mamies life it twasn't me boss" and so on.

Fairly Pointless to investigate anything like that. Just call the guards and if your insurance require it make the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I always change lanes just before I go under (assuming there is nothing beside me of course) Single lane I'll slow down and then accelerate hard under the bridge to screw up the terminal velocity/leading the target calculations in their little f*cked up scumbag heads.

Its not the bridge over the m50 he is talking about, well it is but not going under it. This is after the bridge just before cappagh hospital. I saw the pile of rocks today. I use the road every day but never had a problem myself. though they like to leave burning caravans on the road there.

Saruman wrote:
    Its not the bridge over the m50 he is talking about, well it is but not going under it. This is after the bridge just before cappagh hospital. I saw the pile of rocks today. I use the road every day but never had a problem myself. though they like to leave burning caravans on the road there.
    Did you see my one, it was big with black paint,lots of black paint:(

No.. actually this morning a lot of them had been cleared.. just a few on the side of the road. There is plenty of ammo in that wasteland across the road from their site.

Did you notice the construction work? I wonder if they are building homes there... Can you imagine living there? Two sites on either side of you! Though the other one looks nice and is full of settled houses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I drive regularly on that road too, haven't had a rock thrown at me yet. I and another fella did get pelted when we cycled before there years ago, never again!

That spot described above is notorious for stone throwing and general anti-social behaviour and yes it comes from those living in caravans.

Yesterday, i was driving through Stillorgan would you believe and some scum teenagers on a wall were pelting cars, they managed to hit my side drivers window with an apple, just as well it wasn't a rock.

Advertisement