Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 32" lcd

Options
  • 15-07-2007 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

bought 32" Lcd in aldi last Novmber. Last week it stoped working. Phoned help line never got back to me or sent anyone to fix TV. Went back to store they said that it was up to manfacturer whether I get a replacement refund or repair. Any one else have problem like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Did you call the help line back?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

Yea rang them on Thursday could not get true. Rang Aldi head Office to complain about helpline, heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

tapjlk6 wrote:
    bought 32" Lcd in aldi last Novmber. Last week it stoped working. Phoned help line never got back to me or sent anyone to fix TV. Went back to store they said that it was up to manfacturer whether I get a replacement refund or repair. Any one else have problem like this

It is up to Aldi to fix it , refund you or replace

Your contract is with Aldi, not with the manufacturer !
    Whoever told you this is Aldi does not know their consumer law
    Make sure you mention it when you do get a response from their head office .
    Sale of goods and supply of services act is the law, do a quick google on it ,it will tell you all about your rights

Ring them every hour on the hour until you get a response, not just Aldi but an awful lot of companies just think they can take our cash and walk away of any trouble with the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thats unusual for Aldi, usually they would give a full refund if you have a receipt. Go back in and ask for the District Manager, find out when they will be in the store again.

They have new refund policy since march this year.
    (a) 28 days to change your mind about a product. (Which is fair) .
    (b)If anything goes wrong with product you go to manfacturer. (Which I think is against consumer law).
    Am going to keep after them, till I favourable outcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

tapjlk6 wrote:
    (b)If anything goes wrong with product you go to manfacturer. (Which I think is against consumer law).

go back to the store and speak to the manager the above is against the law. it is their responsibility to make sure the product is of merchantable quality.

dont feel bad about getting your money back off them either(iv heard people saying but oh its not their fault) all they need to do is give you your money back take the tv and send it to manufacturer themselves. They then also get a refund.

thank you for all your replys. They are getting my T.V. fixed for me, hopefully at the end of the week.
    Got on to the National Consumer Council this morning they said " My contract is with Aldi not the manfacturer, so when anything goes wrong I should back th place where I purchased the product not the manfacturer, and Aldi have the right to either offer me a refund repair or a replacement"

Advertisement