Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden trees

• 15-07-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can neighbours take away a border between property if they don't replace trees / fences which existed already without building something to replace it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im no legal expert but i live in a semi detached house in an estate and i know that we own one of the boundaries(the one to the left if your looking at the front of the house) and can do as we wish with it as long as we do not impeach onto our neighbours property and our neighbour on the other side)the house we are attached to) owns the garden walls between us and can do as they wish with them, within reason as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Roanmore wrote:
    Hi All,

Can neighbours take away a border between property if they don't replace trees / fences which existed already without building something to replace it.
    I wouldn't have thought so, but it is a tricky scenario. Party/party walls don't belong to any body and as far as I know, should be replaced if they're knocked down. If it's a tree, maybe it was encroaching on to their property so they had not knock it and just haven't got round to replacing it yet. Why don't you knock in and ask them?

Advertisement