Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broad band

Options
  • 15-07-2007 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

My Broadband is connected a week with eircom and its useless, not much faster than isdn,

Any one else start with same problem in county limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

What is your Speed and Line Attenuation when you go to 192.168.1.254 in your internet browser??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

hi nick
    just posting on behalf of my friend ocr

the current stats are
    160/256 (kbps and Line Attenuation
    51/31 dB

so what do you reckon?

cheers

grasscutter

I reckon them speeds suck. Make sure your DSL filters are on the landlines and nothing is interfering with any phone line, restart router, see if anything changes.

Im not too sure what the line attenuation is but i am sure that them speeds are bad and somethings wrong. Do you know how far you/he is from the local broadband exchange? My line attenuation is 12/10 dB, but my speeds are 3072/384.

I hope something turns out to be be interfering with the line for your friends sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I have Eircom Home Stater and this is what I get, And I'm wireless btw..

Speed
    1024/128 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    35/21 dB

Am I being bucked? Lol

No doesnt look like it assuming home starter is 1 meg. Yeah my line attenuation sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jason Ryan

Crap speeds here too, been onto tech (laugh) support.
    On Home Plus (2m) package, speeds are 1280/256 with 49/31db

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

50 dB attenuation should have downstream a little higher than 1280 anyway... Did you try turning off the router for 30 seconds and then trying again when it syncs? Usually the connection speed will improve.

The same goes for anyone with speeds lower than the package you're paying for. Grasscutter, that line looks like it was originally 2048/256. If it's been downgraded that much then your friend might be better off downgrading to 1 mbit speeds (or did eircom deliberetely set it at that to resolve a problem?). Restart the router and if that doesn't work, get your friend to ring eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

yet again boards.ie comes up with some useful advice.
    I will pass on that info to ocr and see if we get better speeds

cheers all

Advertisement