Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to go to a university with an ordinary degree from an IT?

Options
  • 15-07-2007 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi folks

i know that its possible to transfer from one IT to another to do the fourth year to get the honours degree.is it possible to transfer to the final year in any of the universities?

thanks

Comments

Hrm. The IT structure is a bit different from the Unis afaik, so I don't know. For transferring in between institutions, the golden rule is that you must have the necessary points for the final year, so I assume that if you wished to transfer into Civil Engineering in UCD (for example) having done 3 years of Civil Engineering in DIT, you would need to have the necessary points (as long as it isn't agreed before hand that it's an allowed route).

Best thing to do would be to query it with the Uni you're looking to transfer into. I'd say it's certainly something that doesn't happen too often, so be prepared for either blank looks if you ask in person or long pauses/holds if you're ringing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Myth wrote:
    Best thing to do would be to query it with the Uni you're looking to transfer into. I'd say it's certainly something that doesn't happen too often, so be prepared for either blank looks if you ask in person or long pauses/holds if you're ringing up :)

I'd actually say it does happen quite a bit. As Myth says, ask the university in question. I don't think you can directly change from IT 4th year to uni 4th year, probably 3rd year at best. But again, ask the university for details.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Normally you will have to go in to 3rd year.

Advertisement