Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search and Rescue - Tramore Sat Night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

fricatus wrote:
    News and Star reports that this appears to have been a hoax.

Ba$tard$, I swear, they should be made visit the families of the four airmen who died in 1999 and listen to their story, just so they can be made feel as small and as pathetic as those men were selfless and brave.

The worst thing is its usually only the people who really NEED the services of these brave men and women that realise just how precious they are.

@Rescue117, If you are actually involved in the rescue services in the area fair play and thanks. I'm from a fishing family and I've a fair few uncles, brothers and friends around today thanks to you guys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sonners wrote:
    @Rescue117, If you are actually involved in the rescue services in the area fair play and thanks.

Here here. Couldnt agree more.

These people deserve recognition - there job is to save others, and they themselves are often put at risk by doing so.

Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rescue117

Sonners and Sully,thanks for the kind comments.I am indeed on the heli at Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've always wondered how someone working in air sea rescue actually gets the job! Its not something you'd normally see advertised in the Munster :)

I know that to work in the area takes many years of experience on the road to getting in the helicopter for a living. Do most people work in mountain rescue and hospital/paramedic work first?

Im just curious.. its one of those careers that has massive amounts of my respect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah its actually something that I really wanted to do , but then I found out that all the guys that are doing it out of waterford atm were in the Army(airforce?, sorry I dont know too much about this area) and I sont really fancy joining any wing of the military .

• Advertisement

All the crewmen are ex-military and the pilots are half ex-military and the rest civilian trained.
    The military pool as a source is rapidly drying up....Air Corps don't do SAR any more and the RAF and Royal Navy will be giving up SAR by around 2012. In time winchmen will have to be commercially trained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 papa

Rescue117 wrote:
    All the crewmen are ex-military and the pilots are half ex-military and the rest civilian trained.
    The military pool as a source is rapidly drying up....Air Corps don't do SAR any more and the RAF and Royal Navy will be giving up SAR by around 2012. In time winchmen will have to be commercially trained.

Good man yourself!!
    Many people around the world are only alive because of people like you and the life boats and I bet its a really exciting job that takes a lot of bravery.
    Surprised at the British pulling out of SAR though.
    Have you see this, I bet its you doing the dangly!!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpoWNZ6ffnU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Rescue117 wrote:

This is why we leave it to the Trained Professionals . This Guy had only bought the Chopper that week and decided he could fly .. Just put this up Rescue as i think u will be amazed at his Stupidity as he wrecks a maybe
    300k chopper in twenty secs :D Only showing because he is not hurt

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo82pnyMR44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

This is why we leave it to the Trained Professionals . This Guy had only bought the Chopper that week and decided he could fly .. Just put this up Rescue as i think u will be amazed at his Stupidity as he wrecks a maybe

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo82pnyMR44
    that fella must be a bit of an idiot,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Rescue117 wrote:
    i can always remember when i was out on naval vessels with the navy reserve that when there was an exercise that involved a SAR heli that the poor unfortunate person that was to be winched always got a dip in the ocean its really funny to see especially if ya hate the person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 papa

i can always remember when i was out on naval vessels with the navy reserve that when there was an exercise that involved a SAR heli that the poor unfortunate person that was to be winched always got a dip in the ocean its really funny to see especially if ya hate the person

You might be interested in this website.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~pigincharge/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Hey Big Thick, sorry Slick, how come you are such an authority on everything :eek: :eek:

A man has been arrested for making a hoax call regarding this call out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

About time to. Wonder how they found him? Was he local?

Advertisement