Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just realised....

• 15-07-2007 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

I'm working as a night porter for the summer, and I have friday night/saturday morning off.... Since I am in the routine of getting up at 9 at night and sleeping at about 12 noon, I shall have plenty of time to read the new book and not feel awful about not sleeping!

YAY! :D

But anyway, who's going to break out the coffee/red bull and pull an all nighter?

If you're not, how do you plan on escaping the inevitable spoilers that the world will throw at you?

I'm really excited now! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

I'm getting mine at twelvish, not going to sleep till its done. I'm not turning on my pc for fear someone will tell me something and tv is a no go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll get it at the midnight launch, read a bit then be up for work at 9 the next morning. Probably finish it over the weekend. And I won't be seen near this forum until it's finished. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Getting it at midnight, and spending the whole night and next day reading it in solitude, away from housemates who're also reading it and away from the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If you're not, how do you plan on escaping the inevitable spoilers that the world will throw at you?

I'm heading to Ireland on holidays tomorrow. I intend to pick my copy up over there and expect to read it within 1-2 days.

Avoiding spoilers will be easy. I'll be away from internet & tv and can easily avoid radio and newspapers for 1-2 days, given that I tend to have little to do with either normally whilst on holliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Might try and pick it up at midnight and stay up all night reading it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Going to be in Greece but intend to get it out there. Going to try on hold on to it until Tuesday though for the flight home :D Like that's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well, am working all weekend(Fri-->Sun), and wont be finished Friday till about half 1. Will either try and convince parent(s) to go get it at midnight(unlikely) or get it the next morning. Wont be able to finish it till Monday I'd say. I'll just stay away from everything HP-related that weekend. Dont watch much tv, dont listen to radio, this is the only place I'm in danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

You don't have to wait until the book is released to be ambushed by spoilers, you know. There are already scans doing the rounds and being sprung on the unsuspecting :rolleyes:

Advertisement