Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway/spiddal

Options
  • 15-07-2007 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

anything to do in around galway or spiddal next week? sports tourist attractions something for kids etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's always loads to do. Have a look at the sticky "Activities and Resources in Galway". Check out Connemara.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1. Depends on weather may I say.
    2. Drink .
    3. Depends on demographic that requires entertaining, the arts festival has lots of street stuff for kids for the next fortnight....and for adults.
    4. Spiddal is serious trad country, especially Hugheses which has sessions nearly every night .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Couple of charter boats in Spiddal do short evening trips out the bay to catch mackerel and pollack. Great fun and as its a short trip (3hrs max) its a great way to keep the kids occupied and introduce them to fishing, better than a whole day out only to find they hate it after 2 hours and want to go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Couple of charter boats in Spiddal do short evening trips out the bay to catch mackerel and pollack. Great fun and as its a short trip (3hrs max) its a great way to keep the kids occupied and introduce them to fishing, better than a whole day out only to find they hate it after 2 hours and want to go home!

http://galwaybayfishing.com/

i was out for the day yesterday with them.. see here for a report
    http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?t=12194

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Well the cúl camps(Football and hurling camps) are on from 10-2 and think u can just show up there and then,no neeed to book as far as I know.Kids get jerseys and socks and a whole kit basically!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Lots of snoopy shops too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Lovely beaches there too if you fancy a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Living in Galway, working in Spiddal. You can come and do my job if you like??

:( didn't think so. Worth a try though eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

You can go see the craft centre (some nice stuff), or the beach (only go to the one by the new pier if you do decide to) Boluisce restaurant has nice food, The Cruiscín does too. Hughes has a great atmosphere at the weekend, with top-quality trad. music on a Sunday (sometimes you even get the likes of Mary Bergin or Charlie Lennon playing, though not often)
    (totally not sure if its still going but)I think you can do canoeing where Ceol Na Mara is, or boat fishing at that place near Bothúna(sp). Ofc from Spiddal, you can head further west where theres a really nice beach called An Trá Mhór.
    Any questions, pm me.

The sunday session in Hugheses IS Charlie Lennons session. Starts about 6 and ends about 9 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

You should visit the Aquarium in Salthill - lots of interactive stuff for kids to do. There's also Leisureland down the road,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The sunday session in Hugheses IS Charlie Lennons session. Starts about 6 and ends about 9 though.

lol, next time you're at a three hour session and Charlie Lennon is there PLEASE pm me.

Ring them at 5pm of a sunday and ask if he may be playing , thats what a lot of the musicians do :p

Advertisement