Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fan of the old ECW? Have a gawk....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Too bad there Delta releases, the newer releases from them had the terrible dubbed over entrance music, making New Jack matches almost impossible to view.

Still, a great collection for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

New Jacks matches were damn near painful to watch anyway, regardless of whos music was playing in the background!

Nah seriously, that overdubbed music was pretty sh*t!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I used to buy some of the old PPV's on Video in Templecom and I remember one match with New Jack against Rhino. Couldn't understand why the awful theme song with Heyman (I think) going "this is extreme" every few minutes. I think it was because they didn't have the rights to whatever song was playing. It made it unwatchable.

littlejp wrote:
    I used to buy some of the old PPV's on Video in Templecom and I remember one match with New Jack against Rhino. Couldn't understand why the awful theme song with Heyman (I think) going "this is extreme" every few minutes. I think it was because they didn't have the rights to whatever song was playing. It made it unwatchable.

Yeah it was copyrighted. Same reason for WWE overdubs, especially for the Anthologies. The Wrestlemania anthology has to be the worst of all time for overdubs. Especially for the Dusty Rhodes music at Wrestlemania VI, the same music that the UK used for Wheel of Fortune in the late 80s! Cringeworthy to say the least.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

On the subject of New Jack - man I really dont like him, moreso since I watched Forever Hardcore. There is an interview with him on it and they are talking about the XPW scaffold incident with Vic Grimes. New Jack said that he tried to kill him when he threw him, that he hoped he died. Now, how does that not constitute attempted murder?

Aside from that its an excellent DVD. The lack of footage is its major let down, but the actual content more than makes up for it. Raven is so different from his character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

gimmick wrote:
    On the subject of New Jack - man I really dont like him, moreso since I watched Forever Hardcore. There is an interview with him on it and they are talking about the XPW scaffold incident with Vic Grimes. New Jack said that he tried to kill him when he threw him, that he hoped he died. Now, how does that not constitute attempted murder?

Aside from that its an excellent DVD. The lack of footage is its major let down, but the actual content more than makes up for it. Raven is so different from his character.

I think New Jack blamed Grimes for messing up the spot where they were meant to fall 20ft through two tables in ECW, but Grimes ended up landing on New Jack's head on the concrete. Supposedly there was brain fluid coming out of New Jack's eyes and ears after it, I wouldn't be surprised if he was brain damaged in some way from it. New Jack comes across much better on the 101 Reasons Not To Be a Pro-Wrestler documentary, seems like he actually cares about some humans

Anything with Raven on it is worth watching, be it a wrestling show or a documentary or an interview. These days the documentaries and interviews are better though!

Those videos would be pretty cool, WWE aren't selling any old ECW stuff anymore are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

101 Reasons Not To Be a Pro-Wrestler-Where can I get this?

101 Reasons Not To Be a Pro-Wrestler-Where can I get this?

You can buy it off Highspots.com for about €30/40...or you could check out the video thread

Fozzy wrote:
    Anything with Raven on it is worth watching, be it a wrestling show or a documentary or an interview. These days the documentaries and interviews are better though!

I'll beg to differ here Fozzy, his shoot interview from around 2002 was really bad where he spends half the time either trying to convince RF that he could get himself over here there and everywhere. If Levy could have gotten himself over, he would have done so and not stuck in that bloody Serratonan stable he's in now in the "minor leagues"

Of course, he says all this while answering his mobile phone every five minutes or so. Sorry but he comes across really bad in that shoot.

VR!

Ah, but you can blame all that on his health problems I think. He could still get himself over no bother if he was given some tv time and he was healthy enough. He got over everywhere else he worked

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, but you can blame all that on his health problems I think. He could still get himself over no bother if he was given some tv time and he was healthy enough. He got over everywhere else he worked

He was in WWE for over 2 years and all he was known for was a hardcore match with Rhyno and kidnapping and destroying Moppy! Thats hardly a prime example of getting yourself over! ;)

VR!

Advertisement