Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feckin' Modified Car On Me Road!!!!

Options
  • 15-07-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

GRRRR! for the past while now there is a lad wo lives on the bottom of our road and he drives a lancer 1.3 done up to the nines with the big exhaust and the chrome spinning wheels anyway, he rallys up and down my road and the sound of the car can be heard in my house and i've a pain in me testies with it by now, day or night he must be going up and down the road at least 10 - 15 times a day, dont get me wrong i couldnt care what he does to his car but, the sound from the feckin' thing is where i draw the line to the extend that i can hear it from my abode feel like i should go up and have a word and a few slaps before he knocks down a kid!! :mad: :mad:

/rant

-VB-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

do you not get used to it after a while?
    we live on a main road at a set of lights, i dont even hear the tyre squeal as they "race" each other

my gf's brother lives beside the main and dart line.
    he sayhs he never hears the train anymore.

if the fella isnt speeding theres probably not muxh you can do.
    i dotn think the gards get involved innoise matters any more.

maybe theres a residents association who can get speed bumps piut in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

He is going fast up and down the cul de sac we dont have any young kids in our house but i still wouldnt like the thought of a kid getting hit on our road.

-VB-

if hes speeding and you dont know him to have a word, report him.
    noise is one thing but speeding in a built up area is absolutely stupid.getg your neighbours to report him too.

the gardai should at the very least have a word with him.
    you can report it anonomously afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

have a word and a few slaps before he knocks down a kid!!

have a word yes, a few slaps! no, you'd end up in the dock not him, go to the Gardaí and tell them. Down this side they take a dim view of this crack, and will follow up a complaint...
    Talk to him first, see if that will do any good...hope ya get it sorted...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

call the gardai!
    Is he speeding or driving dangerously?
    His exhaust &/or some of the mods may also be illegal!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    Is he speeding or driving dangerously?
    His exhaust &/or some of the mods may also be illegal!

Hes going faster than i would be considerd suitable driving speed for a small cul de sac with little kids playing in broad daylight.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You could always get yourself one of these! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Concrete in the exhaust pipe. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Or you could lighten up and act your feckin age instead of sounding like a droll ould man of 90 driving around and preaching about fookin Toyota carinas. My granddad drive a carina like your ffs. Least he has a few excuses, he old, hes a farmer and hes old and he has it since new and did i mention hes old. Are you a farmer? Are you old? No, Well then shut up and get a life, suit you better if you had a lancer or a civic or something that most normal young lads have at your age instead of going on like an ould ejit trying to impress the likes of "Junkyard" and "Mike".

Go and buy yourself a sports car with a standard loud exhaust and liven up a bit, you might enjoy your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

Nuttzy wrote:
    Well then shut up and get a life, suit you better if you had a lancer or a civic or something that most normal young lads have at your age instead of going on like an ould ejit trying to impress the likes of "Junkyard" and "Mike".

Horses for courses. Variety is the spice of life, etc etc.

There is little more pathetic though than an idiot in a Lancer 1.3 and a loud exhaust driving around. What is the point in it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Best thing would be if there was another owner of similar muppet mobile around and both cars met each other on a corner one evening, 2 birds with the one stone, no more hassle :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

maidhc wrote:
    What is the point in it?

Individuality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

maidhc wrote:
    Horses for courses. Variety is the spice of life, etc etc.

There is little more pathetic though than an idiot in a Lancer 1.3 and a loud exhaust driving around. What is the point in it?
    I agree to a certain extent but as long as he`s under 23 we`ll let him away with it as he`ll grow out of it, we hope. I dont see the point myself so thats why i suggested VolvoBoy get a spoty yoke that alreadt has a standard performance exhaust that sounds class as they should do and not like them crappy back boxes just stuck on.

How many young lads are actually into Volvo`s and would refer to Volvo in their username, i mean feck sake like, you`re only young once, leave the Carinas/Volvos for your parents/grandparents even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Due to the fact that is speeding I will call the police and report him.
    I don't mind the sound and the mods but I hate speeding especially when that are always kids on the road.

speeding in a residential area is nothing to with indiduality.
    its retardation of the highest order.

theres race tracks / m50s for that kind of thing,

Nuttzy wrote:
    I agree to a certain extent but as long as he`s under 23 we`ll let him away with it as he`ll grow out of it, we hope. I dont see the point myself so thats why i suggested VolvoBoy get a spoty yoke that alreadt has a standard performance exhaust that sounds class as they should do and not like them crappy back boxes just stuck on.

How many young lads are actually into Volvo`s and would refer to Volvo in their username, i mean feck sake like, you`re only young once, leave the Carinas/Volvos for your parents/grandparents even.

Listen, i'm 20 driven anything and everything, from Mercedes CL500's to Toyota Dyna's, and about an average of 20-30 cars a week.

Driven a SiR Civic that was done up to the 9's and i felt like a ****ing ejit driving it. What i'm saying is life is full of choice, things would be a little bit dull if we all drove the same car that fits our stereotye, oh all women must drive a Micra, young lads must drive civics, oul fellas must drive mercs. For **** sake, people are diffrent get used to it, you ignorant dick head

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nuttzy and Volvoboy, final warning. Next time either of you uses any abusive language, you'll be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I see people being hit with the barring stick!!!

If he's speeding and you're worried about it, report it..

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Nuttzy wrote:
    Or you could lighten up and act your feckin age instead of sounding like a droll ould man of 90 driving around and preaching about fookin Toyota carinas. My granddad drive a carina like your ffs. Least he has a few excuses, he old, hes a farmer and hes old and he has it since new and did i mention hes old. Are you a farmer? Are you old? No, Well then shut up and get a life, suit you better if you had a lancer or a civic or something that most normal young lads have at your age instead of going on like an ould ejit trying to impress the likes of "Junkyard" and "Mike".

Go and buy yourself a sports car with a standard loud exhaust and liven up a bit, you might enjoy your self.

So there is nothing wrong with driving fast in a cul-de-sac in a built up area where kids are about? Have you any sense at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Volvoboy have a word with the cops, you might save everyone alot of grief in the long run.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it is a modded exhaust, Noise Pollution Act + Garda.

PS Is he driving in the cul de sac because Mommy and Daddy don't allow him out on the main road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

jonny24ie wrote:
    Individuality!!

lol you know perfectly well that about 90% of modified cars in this country are clones of each other.

The majority of these people don't have any imagination, they are just sheep.

Gonna have a word with yer man, next time i see him.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Volvoboy wrote:
    Gonna have a word with yer man, next time i see him.

-VB-

Get your shoe to have a word with his hole while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Victor wrote:
    If it is a modded exhaust, Noise Pollution Act + Garda.

PS Is he driving in the cul de sac because Mommy and Daddy don't allow him out on the main road?

Get a life man, pure irishness about you, if you see him speeding "call the garda!!!" dont leave it till some kid gets knocked down!!! or go down and talk with "mommy and daddy", theres no point coming on here looking for advice its simple.

As for modded exhaust= noise poloution act+garda cop on if you know anything about cars you will know there are plenty of exhausts that fall below this. but thats the least of your worries when it comes to the speeding.

there is some sense as to what nuttzy is saying allbiet he saying it very extreme, god how do you say the opposite of "grow up" well what ever it is try it for a while.

Rant over,
    ---->FLAME SUIT ON<---

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

projectgtr wrote:
    ---->FLAME SUIT ON<---
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

They should be standard issue to all noobs here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's easy to say get used to the noise, but some of us don't have such selective hearing. I had to move to the back of the house with the noise from passing traffic.

The Noise Pollution Act would be a good start and keep an eye on the speeding, maybe suggest a few speed ramps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm no stranger to loud exhausts and the like. I live beside a roundabout and some folks just tear off the roundabout and up the long straight road past my house - well exceeding the speed limit (60km/h). The guy next door has a modded Lancer and, to be fair, he behaves himself from what I can see. But in VB's case, careless/wreckless driving in a cul-de-sac is not on. There's could be kids about, ffs - kids that have no concept of traffic and it's dangers. These kids are at play in an environment that both they and their parents feel is relatively safe.

VB, you are right to have a word with him but don't go medieval on him - be calm and rational. If that fails then call the local Gardaí, but tell the budding Schumacher that this is what you will do if he doesn't cop onto himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Volvoboy wrote:
    a lancer 1.3 done up to the nines
    Is the body lowered? Cos them lowered cars HATE ramps...:D

Advertisement